Sennheiser 598CS only works if I hold the cable tight

cummerou1

I do not know what the problem is, but for some reason if I try to use my Sennheiser 598CS it will not work. 
Sound will either be extremely muffled or nonexistent. Except if I take the cable and apply force to the right, then suddenly both sides work perfectly fine. 
This is of course not optimal and if it was a slight tug it needed it would probably be something I could engineer a solution for.
However, it needs a pretty good pull at all times, which means if I wanna use it, the only way to do it is pretty much taking the cable near where it enters the headphone and pulling it to my right.
Then place the cable between my teeth to maintain the pull.

This is of course neither comfortable nor convenient in the long term.

Does anyone know what could cause this?

I very much appreciate any help. 

That sounds to me like the connector itself is damaged. Unless you tear apart the cup and bend the contacts back into place, you're going to struggle with this until you replace them. Furthermore, from what I understand is that if you open up the headphones, the mechanism which holds in the cable may be damaged, and you will no longer be able to plug the headphones in unless you do something kind of sketchy. 

u might need a  new cable, luckily you can replace them on this headset

13 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

u might need a  new cable, luckily you can replace them on this headset

correction "headphones"

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2017 at 1:20 PM, NonaHexa said:

That sounds to me like the connector itself is damaged. Unless you tear apart the cup and bend the contacts back into place, you're going to struggle with this until you replace them. Furthermore, from what I understand is that if you open up the headphones, the mechanism which holds in the cable may be damaged, and you will no longer be able to plug the headphones in unless you do something kind of sketchy. 

Sorry I am quoting you a month later, been super busy and forgot all about this, the headphones suffered water damage (got into the left cup where the cable is).

Issues began after that, do you have any idea what the water could have done (since it works if I pull the cable hard to the side and up) and if it might be fixable?

On 9/24/2017 at 6:37 AM, cummerou1 said:

Sorry I am quoting you a month later, been super busy and forgot all about this, the headphones suffered water damage (got into the left cup where the cable is).

Issues began after that, do you have any idea what the water could have done (since it works if I pull the cable hard to the side and up) and if it might be fixable?

Water damage resulting in a shoddy connection sounds to me like you're dealing with corrosion. If that's the case, unless you want to tear the headphones apart and clean them, there's not much you can do about it.

On 9/26/2017 at 12:58 AM, NonaHexa said:

Water damage resulting in a shoddy connection sounds to me like you're dealing with corrosion. If that's the case, unless you want to tear the headphones apart and clean them, there's not much you can do about it.

.......... I mean, they are already broken, is it hard to clean them?