Case fans?

WhiteWulfe

That's my build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WhiteWulfe/saved/

I'm kind of confused on what kind of fans I need for the case. I heard the fans that come with the case are crap, so looking into buying my own. I typically have seen cases that usually run intake in the front and on top of cases on simply one exhaust out the back. Is that the most efficient way of air cooling the case? And I can't figure out what and how many fans my mobo supports and what coonectors are even used...Case fans are probably the most confusing topic to me in all honesty, so any kind of help would be appreciated. As you can see a cpu cooler will be using a connector already, though I believe the mobo does come with an individual connector for that. So never messed with liquid cooling either...I notice that it has a fan attached to it, so do I use that as the exhaust if that makes any sense and connect to the back of the case? Any kind of links to decent fans for cases for my particular case and mobo would also be much appreciated. Please help me out here. This is the last thing I'm worried about with my build now, that I finally figured out that I for sure want everything else in the list and have ordered a lot of it already. Now just for the damn case fans. Another thing, I would like case fans that're red LED if possible, but if the cost is too much for just that than nevermind and I'll take whatever, but just saying. 

You can always see how the stock fans perform before deciding on whether or not to replace them. If you find anything unsatisfactory, that problem will help guide what you want and the appropriate fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Recommending fans is hard, especially ones that are trying to cater to aesthetic taste. I would try what WoodenMarker suggested and try the stock ones first and if you aren't happy, start by picking some that fit your budget and taste and we can usually give feedback on their performance to help you along.

I personally wouldn't have too high of hopes for these case fans. I have a friend that has a more budget case but I believe it uses the same fans and he has thermal issues (namely with the GPU, air at the bottom of the case is stagnant).

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Try the stock fans first.

BTW DO NOT GET THAT COOLER

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

12 minutes ago, JDE said:

Try the stock fans first.

BTW DO NOT GET THAT COOLER

That cooler bad?

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

Dammit...What cpu cooler then? I don't have a lot of free money to spend on much more. Any suggestions for cpu cooler then? Please?

Cryoig H7, actually cheaper. If you can spend like $10 more you can also get a good Noctua cooler.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Can u link that for me? The 10 dollar more one?

I guessing it's the NH-U12S: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7dTrxr/noctua-nh-u12s-se-am4-cpu-cooler-nh-u12s-se-am4

The Kotetsu is a similar option that's a bit cheaper and you should be able to get the AM4 mounting hardware from Scythe for ~$5: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I guessing it's the NH-U12S: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7dTrxr/noctua-nh-u12s-se-am4-cpu-cooler-nh-u12s-se-am4

The Kotetsu is a similar option that's a bit cheaper and you should be able to get the AM4 mounting hardware from Scythe for ~$5: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000

Noctua - NH-L9x65 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler 

Will this one suffice?

2 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Noctua - NH-L9x65 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler 

Will this one suffice?

It's not as good as the NH-U12S. It's designed for 3U height server racks and suffers in performance compared to other traditional tower coolers due to its size.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Can u link that for me? The 10 dollar more one?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/46tCmG/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhd14

if you don't like the look here have this other one:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YwGkcf/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk018

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

4 minutes ago, JDE said:

Would it perhaps be more wise for me to simply get the ryzen 1700 instead, and OC to around 3.6, so like its in turbo all the time? Would the wraith spire it comes with suffice? If so might just do that. It'd save me money anyways. 

29 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Dumb quesiotn but i thought higher rpms meant it was better?

No, rpm is arbitrary. 

25 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Would it perhaps be more wise for me to simply get the ryzen 1700 instead, and OC to around 3.6, so like its in turbo all the time? Would the wraith spire it comes with suffice? If so might just do that. It'd save me money anyways. 

3.7ghz should be doable with the stock cooler. If you weren't planning to go much higher, that would be the better option.

31 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Dumb quesiotn but i thought higher rpms meant it was better?

nah

28 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

1700X overclocks slightly better. I think you should but I would still get a cheaper H7 cooler

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop