Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yagyu

Cute pc case and build for mom

Recommended Posts

Just now, Yagyu said:

thank you a lot for the help , so its confirmed that it will fit in the ncase ?

I'm pretty sure. You should probably double check by sending NCase an email and asking them, as I'm sure they'd be happy to help. You should also probably ask them about the fans, as I couldn't find much info on whether or not they come included. It doesn't say so on their site, but better safe than sorry. I'm glad I could help, and enjoy your PC :)


HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

 

 

 

 

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, JaegerB said:

I'm pretty sure. You should probably double check by sending NCase an email and asking them, as I'm sure they'd be happy to help. You should also probably ask them about the fans, as I couldn't find much info on whether or not they come included. It doesn't say so on their site, but better safe than sorry. I'm glad I could help, and enjoy your PC :)

thank you so much mate

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

Eh. If he likes the idea of building, I think that's great. It could be the start of a hobby, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's just going to be a headache and waste of money. Whether he likes building or not. He could easily buy a pre-built or even just a combo bundle with a Pentium G4560/G4600, add a 1050(Ti) for his brother to play some games, and he's good to go.

 

OP - Do NOT buy an R5 1600, total waste of money and completely overkill. Same goes for the GTX 1060. Anything more than a 1050Ti is overkill.


Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

OP - Do NOT buy an R5 1600, total waste of money and completely overkill. Same goes for the GTX 1060. Anything more than a 1050Ti is overkill.

I did suggest he dropped to a 1050Ti. He wasn't into it. A 1050Ti is enough for the games he wants to play though (Rust, etc)...


HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

 

 

 

 

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 11:36 AM, Yagyu said:

Hi guys, so my mom pc is dying and she need a new one, i was about to take a hp pavilion wave but i stoped because i knew building your own pc is better.

 

She really liked the hp pavilion wave design, so a little case just like the wave could be great, a small pc case like corsair 380T or corsair one case .

 

Now i need you guys for some specs, we need something between 500-1500$ Canada money, something not bad at gaming so my little brother can play his games ( like planet coaster and rust )

 

It would be nice if you make 3 build , one at 500 , another at 1k and the last at 1500. Please include a copy of windows 10 home and a monitor in the build.

 

thank you for reading i know my english is not perfect :)

The PC should more than meet your moms needs and gaming. R5 1600 is overkill for a office home PC, the R5 1400 is too but its in the middle of the 1600 and 1200 so best of both worths I guess. I also changed the case to the cougar QBX, it's very similar to the Ncase M1 but at less than half the price, i'll link a picture of it below.

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcxDWX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcxDWX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($49.99 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.50 @ shopRBC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($192.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($116.50 @ Vuugo)
Monitor: BenQ - GW2270 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Other: COUGAR QBX Computer Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1112.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-23 00:29 EDT-0400

 

CougarQBX_IMG1_w_600.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 hours ago, Shura said:

The PC should more than meet your moms needs and gaming. R5 1600 is overkill for a office home PC, the R5 1400 is too but its in the middle of the 1600 and 1200 so best of both worths I guess. I also changed the case to the cougar QBX, it's very similar to the Ncase M1 but at less than half the price, i'll link a picture of it below.

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcxDWX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcxDWX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($49.99 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.50 @ shopRBC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($192.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($116.50 @ Vuugo)
Monitor: BenQ - GW2270 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Other: COUGAR QBX Computer Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1112.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-23 00:29 EDT-0400

 

CougarQBX_IMG1_w_600.jpg

 

thank you for the suggestion :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 23/08/2017 at 0:33 AM, Shura said:

The PC should more than meet your moms needs and gaming. R5 1600 is overkill for a office home PC, the R5 1400 is too but its in the middle of the 1600 and 1200 so best of both worths I guess. I also changed the case to the cougar QBX, it's very similar to the Ncase M1 but at less than half the price, i'll link a picture of it below.

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcxDWX
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RcxDWX/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0) Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($49.99 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($107.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.50 @ shopRBC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($192.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($116.50 @ Vuugo)
Monitor: BenQ - GW2270 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($109.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Other: COUGAR QBX Computer Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $1112.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-23 00:29 EDT-0400

 

CougarQBX_IMG1_w_600.jpg

 

can you this build with another case

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yagyu said:

can you this build with another case

Most of the parts will be fine, the only issue will be power supply, that build used a ATX power supply but some really small cases uses the smaller SFX power supply. If you tell me what case you are thinking of going with, then I can tell you if everything will fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 8:54 PM, Sanctorum said:

It's just going to be a headache and waste of money. Whether he likes building or not. He could easily buy a pre-built or even just a combo bundle with a Pentium G4560/G4600, add a 1050(Ti) for his brother to play some games, and he's good to go.

 

OP - Do NOT buy an R5 1600, total waste of money and completely overkill. Same goes for the GTX 1060. Anything more than a 1050Ti is overkill.

Even like a older i3 or i5, buy used and just add a 1050(ti) or 1060


"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

 

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($69.99 @ PC Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($121.87 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: Kingston - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($103.11 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($216.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Fractal Design - Core 500 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($68.74 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - BV 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Monitor: AOC - i2267Fw 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($135.99 @ PC Canada) 
Total: $821.18

 

Absolutely zero need, or reason to spend more than this. Like I said though, building a system for this is a poor idea. Buy a pre-built, either used or new with a decent CPU, and add a 1050Ti, and maybe an SSD. It will be easier, it will be cheaper, and it will make much more sense.


Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sanctorum said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($69.99 @ PC Canada) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($121.87 @ DirectCanada) 
Memory: Kingston - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($103.11 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($216.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Fractal Design - Core 500 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($68.74 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - BV 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Monitor: AOC - i2267Fw 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($135.99 @ PC Canada) 
Total: $821.18

 

Absolutely zero need, or reason to spend more than this. Like I said though, building a system for this is a poor idea. Buy a pre-built, either used or new with a decent CPU, and add a 1050Ti, and maybe an SSD. It will be easier, it will be cheaper, and it will make much more sense.

modified

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($60.44 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($118.00 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Kingston - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($103.11 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($216.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Fractal Design - Core 500 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($68.74 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - BV 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Monitor: AOC - i2267Fw 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($135.99 @ PC Canada) 
Total: $807.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-25 22:34 EDT-0400


"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

 

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xDyl said:

modified

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4400 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($60.44 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($118.00 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: Kingston - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ Memory Express) 
Storage: ADATA - Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($103.11 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($216.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Fractal Design - Core 500 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($68.74 @ DirectCanada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - BV 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Monitor: AOC - i2267Fw 22.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($135.99 @ PC Canada) 
Total: $807.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-25 22:34 EDT-0400

You just swapped the G4560 for a G4400? Which would be a bad move. The G4560 is only $10 more for 4 threads as opposed to 2. It's definitely the better choice and although 4 threads aren't necessary, it will be beneficial, especially since it's only $10 more.


Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sanctorum said:

You just swapped the G4560 for a G4400? Which would be a bad move. The G4560 is only $10 more for 4 threads as opposed to 2. It's definitely the better choice and although 4 threads aren't necessary, it will be beneficial, especially since it's only $10 more.

didn't realize it didn't have hyper-threading, im a pentium nub lol


"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

 

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×