Is this PSU enough for this PC?

Go to solution Solved by Fred Flintstone,
25 minutes ago, JDE said:

Yes that is a very good PSU

11 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, hammer3339 said:

Seasonic are generally the best and manufacture components/ units for other companies such as some 'corsair', 'Antec' etc that are just re skinned seasonic PSU's 

So then I'll try to stretch my budget as far as I can to get that PSU, since there aren't many alternatives at that pricepoint here. Thanks to all of you guys, I really appreciate your help.

I'm planning to build a new system with these specs:

AMD R5-1600

MSI X370

RX 570 4GB

16GB DDR4 @3000MHz

1TB HDD

256GB SSD

The thing is that I don't know if this PSU will be enough: https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817116023. If it won't, then I'd appreciate your suggestions, but they have to be available on this website: https://www.mercadolibre.com.ar and cost less than $2.100 (argentine peso, Mercado Libre works with that currency). Thanks in advance, every advice is welcome.

2 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I'm planning to build a new system with these specs:

AMD R5-1600

MSI X370

RX 570 4GB

16GB DDR4 @3000MHz

1TB HDD

256GB SSD

The thing is that I don't know if this PSU will be enough: https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16817116023. If it won't, then I'd appreciate your suggestions, but they have to be available on this website: https://www.mercadolibre.com.ar and cost less than $2.100 (argentine peso, Mercado Libre works with that currency). Thanks in advance, every advice is welcome.

I;m guessing you're going for the black and white color scheme? If so, that PSU isn't very good and I'd suggest a Corsair CX550M or RM550x if you can spend a bit more.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That PSU will power your system, but I'm not sure how reliable it is.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

You're good on voltage, but that's not a great PSU. Look for a Corsair CXM or Seasonic anything over that unit.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

take a look at the Tom's hardware PSU tier list for good purchasing advice, generally middle of the road tier 3 units are more than adequate. I would suggest a 600watt generally for overclocking, especially for Ryzen to give you a little more breathing room/ efficiency/ stability

26 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

For a standard build, yes.  For OCing I generally add 100w per component I plan to OC.

I do want to overclock at least the CPU, but if it's possible it would be nice to overclock the GPU too.

28 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I;m guessing you're going for the black and white color scheme? If so, that PSU isn't very good and I'd suggest a Corsair CX550M or RM550x if you can spend a bit more.

My case has a PSU shroud, so it won't be visible. Only one of those PSUs you mentioned is available here, the CX650M, but it isn't fully modular and it's a little bit over my budget.

33 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You're good on voltage, but that's not a great PSU. Look for a Corsair CXM or Seasonic anything over that unit.

That Corsair PSU is a little bit too expensive for me, and the cheapest fully modular variant from Seasonic is the M12ii 620W Evo, which I can barely afford, but would that one be enough?

2 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

and the cheapest fully modular variant from Seasonic is the M12ii 620W Evo, which I can barely afford, but would that one be enough?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Seasonic are generally the best and manufacture components/ units for other companies such as some 'corsair', 'Antec' etc that are just re skinned seasonic PSU's 

25 minutes ago, JDE said:

11 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, hammer3339 said:

So then I'll try to stretch my budget as far as I can to get that PSU, since there aren't many alternatives at that pricepoint here. Thanks to all of you guys, I really appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, Fred Flintstone said:

The CX650M or EVGA B3 would be a better choice than the Seasonic. A 450W PSU should power your system with OC just fine so don't worry if you can only afford the 450W variants.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

19 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The CX650M or EVGA B3 would be a better choice than the Seasonic. A 450W PSU should power your system with OC just fine so don't worry if you can only afford the 450W variants.

The only issue I have with that Corsair PSU is that it isn't fully modular, and the EVGA variant you mentioned isn't available here :(...

7 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

The only issue I have with that Corsair PSU is that it isn't fully modular, and the EVGA variant you mentioned isn't available here :(...

Why do you need full modularity? A semi-modular unit is easier to cable manage.

2 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

So, are the extra $25 (USD) that it costs worth it?

What price is the CX550M? That's also a good option and just as good to cable manage.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

10 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Why do you need full modularity? A semi-modular unit is easier to cable manage.

How is semi-modular cable management easier than fully modular? With the latter you have no unused cables hanging on in your case. Also, the cheapest Corsair CXM PSU I could find is the 650W variant (which is over my budget).

1 minute ago, Fred Flintstone said:

How is semi-modular cable management easier than fully modular? With the latter you have no unused cables hanging on in your case. Also, the cheapest Corsair CXM PSU I could find is the 650W variant (which is over my budget).

Semi modular PSUs only have the cables fixed that you will need regardless of what PC you have: 24-pin and 4+4 pin.

Just now, JDE said:

What price is the CX550M? That's also a good option and just as good to cable manage.

That one is not available here, I could only find the 650W version.

Just now, Fred Flintstone said:

That one is not available here, I could only find the 650W version.

What price is that? If it's cheaper go for it.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

3 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I wouldn't say it's easier, but it's just as easy.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

7 minutes ago, JDE said:

What price is that? If it's cheaper go for it.

$145 (USD), it's from the cheapest reseller in Mercado Libre and it's a little bit over my budget, the M12ii 620W Evo is actually closer to what I'm willing to pay for a PSU, but both are still over my budget as I said before. The Hale82 V2 550W costs $110, that's why I considered it initially.

Just now, Fred Flintstone said:

$145 (USD), it's from the cheapest reseller in Mercado Libre and it's a little bit over my budget, the M12ii 620W Evo is actually closer to what I'm willing to pay for a PSU, but both are still over my budget as I said before. The Hale82 V2 550W costs $110, that's why I considered it initially.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE? WHAT COUNTRY? WHAT ARE THESE OVERPRICED PRICES? AFRICA HAS CHEAPER PRICES!

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop