So I've got a little bit of a first world problem now

Misanthrope

I decided to get a new monitor: a 75hz IPS monitor. Yes it happens to be freesnyc too but I'm not using that for now, maybe when Vega 56 comes down to 300ish bucks (a.k.a. maybe never) So I have moved my TN 1080p60hz monitor as the secondary one: It's hooked up to a KB/M switch to keep tabs on work and is otherwise my secondary for videos while I browse and such.

But now...I kinda want to put my videos on a better monitor (both are 24" screens so scaling and such works rather well for switching sides) yet when I switch around the TN panel looks a lot worst for text. Seriously by comparison is actually more difficult to read, I think I might end up buying another IPS panel but then I might end up buying a higher end one and now I'll end up spending most of my paychecks on more screens.

I need rehab, or maybe not any of you experienced really drastic change when pairing IPS and TN panels side by side? Am I just a blind old fool that needs to update his prescription glasses instead?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

I need rehab, or maybe not any of you experienced really drastic change when pairing IPS and TN panels side by side? Am I just a blind old fool that needs to update his prescription glasses instead?

Go to start menu and start typing "cleartype" it should give you an option to "adjust cleartype text". Follow the on screen instructions on your IPS panel and thank me later :P

5 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Go to start menu and start typing "cleartype" it should give you an option to "adjust cleartype text". Follow the on screen instructions on your IPS panel and thank me later :P

Well that helped a bit but changing brightness and gamma settings on the TN helped more. It think I was overcompensating because the IPS panel looks more vibrant but the TN panel if I try to match it just gets overblown instead so it has to remain fair more subdued by comparison. Maybe I need someone with better eyes to calibrate this for me idk

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, I may have misread your OP anyways. You simply won't be able to match the colors of your IPS panel with a TN. I originally thought you mentioned the text was harder to read on the IPS panel.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Yeah, I may have misread your OP anyways. You simply won't be able to match the colors of your IPS panel with a TN. I originally thought you mentioned the text was harder to read on the IPS panel.

Oh no the other way around yes: Text is far easier to read on IPS but since videos also look better I sometimes want to pay more attention to videos (or a game if I'm playing obviously) but then the text suffers quite a bit on TN.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The answer is watch videos on TN use the IPS as primary and just sometimes be sad TN is TN

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers