Hello Guys and Girls,

since i got great help on my first i try it again.

My Pc: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Hp7tGf

Since i was gaming on an onboard chipset for the longest time and a friend of mine was giving away this Mainboard/CPU and graphics card i wanted to get a hole new setup which i did after my first Post.

Now i was thinking since Games like Ark, Pubg, GTA 5, BF1, NFS Payback and many more (would like to play them on high or ultra maybe if my CPU will do it :$) will not run pretty/smoothly on my pc and my monitor (Old Medion MD20328) is a pain to play Games with. I want to upgrade.

Since i would like to keep my old monitor and have two but now im asking myself should i get a decent card and run my old card too with AMD crossfire or should i get a good card and run both at the same card.

And for the people that have had many cards is a card with the turbo design (single fan) like the Titan any good in the aspect of cooling ? (Shoplinks for European people please 9_9 and dont make it too pricey people told me to just get a Titan and i believe that would be stupid)

Monitor wise i would keep my Medion til it dies (you can see that it flickers a little bit, but for a secondary monitor it will work just fine)

As new monitor i was thinking about i want 24" or 27" and if i need 144 Hz

Monitors i have in mind: Samsung S24F356F 59,8 cm or something better like the Acer XF240H 61 cm or 270 69 cm

Any better suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Tunnelblick

I apologize for my grammar and spelling :/

15 minutes ago, Tunnelblick said:

Hello Guys and Girls,

since i got great help on my first i try it again.

My Pc: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Hp7tGf

Since i was gaming on an onboard chipset for the longest time and a friend of mine was giving away this Mainboard/CPU and graphics card i wanted to get a hole new setup which i did after my first Post.

Now i was thinking since Games like Ark, Pubg, GTA 5, BF1, NFS Payback and many more (would like to play them on high or ultra maybe if my CPU will do it :$) will not run pretty/smoothly on my pc and my monitor (Old Medion MD20328) is a pain to play Games with. I want to upgrade.

Since i would like to keep my old monitor and have two but now im asking myself should i get a decent card and run my old card too with AMD crossfire or should i get a good card and run both at the same card.

And for the people that have had many cards is a card with the turbo design (single fan) like the Titan any good in the aspect of cooling ? (Shoplinks for European people please 9_9 and dont make it too pricey people told me to just get a Titan and i believe that would be stupid)

Monitor wise i would keep my Medion til it dies (you can see that it flickers a little bit, but for a secondary monitor it will work just fine)

As new monitor i was thinking about i want 24" or 27" and if i need 144 Hz

Monitors i have in mind: Samsung S24F356F 59,8 cm or something better like the Acer XF240H 61 cm or 270 69 cm

Any better suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Tunnelblick

I apologize for my grammar and spelling :/

I would suggest that you look into purchasing a $200 (USD) used GTX 970 or 980. Both cards perform well with newer games and should pair decently with your current CPU. A GTX 1070 or above may be bottlenecked by your CPU.

As for a monitor, I would suggest that you look at what is available on the market at the time you are ready to purchase. Monitors take a very (very very) long time to die, which would lead me to expect that greater and cheaper panels will be available by the time you are ready to buy.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)