Eclipse photos thread

Anjelllo

Just wanted to make this thread, so that in a couple hours when the eclipse is over, we can all share the cool photos we took of the eclipse, and how our areas look when the eclipse is in full force. Also, make sure you have legit glasses on when you look at the eclipse, if it is uncomfortable to look at the sun even with your glasses on, they are fakes.You shouldn't be able to see ANYTHING but the sun with legit glasses on, and the front of them should be reflective like this: image.thumb.jpg.41b30511a523cf69677568e92d2077b4.jpgCheers! Have a great eclipse viewing!

Would love to see some. I don't have any proper glasses or the proper lens filters for this kind of photography.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I'm not going to lie, I'm way less interested in seeing the eclipse itself as I am of seeing time lapse videos of communities themselves as darkness descends mid-day and then goes away as quickly as it came.

25 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm not going to lie, I'm way less interested in seeing the eclipse itself as I am of seeing time lapse videos of communities themselves as darkness descends mid-day and then goes away as quickly as it came.

Now that might be mildly interesting.  I have zero interest in the eclipse itself.  My boss just tried to get me outside to watch it, but I just didn't find it compelling enough.

I kind of forgot about the eclipse, so I don't have an adequate filter, so I'm limiting myself to a very stopped down 35mm lens. Hopefully I'll still be able to get some interesting shots, although obviously nothing super close-up. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

32 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's a once in a lifetime experience. Seriously

31 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Now that might be mildly interesting.  I have zero interest in the eclipse itself.  My boss just tried to get me outside to watch it, but I just didn't find it compelling enough.

Me and my whole dept went to the park to watch it.

What fool turns down the chance to be paid to stand in a park? :D  However Toronto was not in the totality zone so we mostly just saw it get darker.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

What fool turns down the chance to be paid to stand in a park? :D  However Toronto was not in the totality zone so we mostly just saw it get darker.

I was right in the line of it (Nebraska), but just couldn't bring myself to care.  Now, my bank closing and not reopening until a good half hour after the eclipse - forcing me to waste nearly 20 minutes of my lunch break - that I care about.

My picture from Silicone Valley.

(Shot on iPhone 7) ?

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

39 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I'm only an hour west of you and I was out at Peak (2:30 PM) and you could hardly notice the increased darkness. Yeah it was less bright, but on a cloudy day it would be even darker. It would be interesting to see a time-lapse video of the environment around to see how much darker it really got. Seeing a side-by-side comparison would no doubt make the darkness way more obvious.

The actual eclipse itself was interesting. Though I only watched it for a few moments.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

This isn't mine and it was from a couple of years ago. Eclipse time lapse from a plane.

Source: Eclipse from a plane. https://imgur.com/gallery/YKpGe6U

YKpGe6U.mp4

I must admit, that is damn cool.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Nah not really, there's partial ones every 2 years or so.

Partial

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Seeing a side-by-side comparison would no doubt make the darkness way more obvious.

Yeah I thought it was definitely something noticeable. We had a 65% eclipse in San Antonio, Texas and the color of the sky was definitely less saturated than normal. I really can't wait for the April 8th, 2024 eclipse though. The path of totality is literally six miles from my house then, I could walk to it if I didn't want to deal with traffic. Though I'll drive about 40 miles to a small town right in the center so I get the 4 minutes, 20 second of totality this eclipse is supposed to bring. Make sure to take a drive in to Buffalo for that one, as Buffalo seems to be right in the center of the line of totality.

2024-eclipse-path.jpg

I personally made the pinhole camera with two pieces of cardboard to see the crescent Sun during our 65% eclipse, but perhaps a cooler version of that viewing of the Sun is what Prof Walter Lewin of MIT did today, showing images of the crescent Sun through the holes sunlight peeks through in trees (he had similar coverage).

4 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Nah not really, there's partial ones every 2 years or so.

A total eclipse coming nearby is pretty rare though. The one in 2024 will be the first to come to my part of Texas (within say 300 miles of my house) since at least the late 1800s.

Kind of wish I bought a filter for my dad's DSLR, but if I thought that far ahead I wouldn't have had to use a pinhole to view the eclipse.

Did get to see totality, though.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

IMG_1566.JPG

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler