I'm trying to expand my PC. Below I present the current set of subassemblies:

Core i5 - 6600k processor, up to 4.4 GHz
Cooler Silentium PC Fortis 3
Asrock Gaming K7 Z170 Motherboard
2x 8GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHZ
GTX 1070 Palit JetStream GPU
Power Supply XFX TS 550W (P1-550S-XXB9)
ZALMAN Z3 Plus housing

What I wanted to change was primarily a graphics card or processor. I would like to adapt to the game 1440p 144HZ, because of the monitor. I was thinking of buying a GTX 1080 TI, but I wonder if it will interfere with the processor or power supply. We set the budget as "free", without any restrictions - although I know I do not want to switch to a new platform or build a 4xGTX1080 TI SLI monster - all within reason. Wait for Coffy Lake's premiere? Then buy a GTX 1080 and possibly a processor in this series.

For any suggestion about what can be changed in this statement, I would be grateful.

((Sorry for my English, this is not my native language.))

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($708.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell - S2417DG 23.8" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor  ($429.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1601.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-21 09:49 EDT-0400

Your PSU should be fine. Here's what I would recommend to find out what you should upgrade first:
Download MSI Afterburner(if you don't already have it)

Open the games you play most often and play them at 4k. Even though it won't be great, just run it anyway for a while.
Look in the msi afterburner monitoring/logging window and you should be able to see that either the cpu, ram, or gpu, (or possilby even vram) is near 100%. That's how you can identify a bottleneck so you know what to upgrade first. I'd bet your CPU is fine for now just need that sweet 1080ti to take you all the way to 4k. :-)

Just now, RaptorCandy said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card  ($708.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.49 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1171.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-21 09:48 EDT-0400

Besides, I forgot to mention that I am not interested in the AMD platform for CPUs or graphics cards. If you could, expand your statement and introduce some platform that is Intel.

Just now, ryan27968 said:

Your PSU should be fine. Here's what I would recommend to find out what you should upgrade first:
Download MSI Afterburner(if you don't already have it)

Open the games you play most often and play them at 4k. Even though it won't be great, just run it anyway for a while.
Look in the msi afterburner monitoring/logging window and you should be able to see that either the cpu, ram, or gpu, (or possilby even vram) is near 100%. That's how you can identify a bottleneck so you know what to upgrade first. I'd bet your CPU is fine for now just need that sweet 1080ti to take you all the way to 4k. :-)

1440p - 2k.

Use of GPU - 100%

Use of CPU - 70-90 %

Just now, Hyack said:

Besides, I forgot to mention that I am not interested in the AMD platform for CPUs or graphics cards. If you could, expand your statement and introduce some platform that is Intel.

The last part is cut off and wait till Coffee Lake it's better to wait than spend that money now

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

3 minutes ago, Hyack said:

1440p - 2k.

Use of GPU - 100%

Use of CPU - 70-90 %

Based on that, the gpu is the most obvious bottleneck but the cpu doesn't have much headroom either. Getting an i7 won't really help much either. You really need single thread performance. Are you already overclocked?

2 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

Based on that, the gpu is the most obvious bottleneck but the cpu doesn't have much headroom either. Getting an i7 won't really help much either. You really need single thread performance. Are you already overclocked?

Processor - yes, GPU - yes and no(?).  I tried to overclock this card, but it reached symbolic values, which did not translate well into performance - 2, 3 fps more. Usage still reached 100%

In that case I would say to just buy the 1080ti for now. Then you can know for sure if it's actually bottlenecking. Then switch to a 6 core coffeelake in a few months.

4 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

In that case I would say to just buy the 1080ti for now. Then you can know for sure if it's actually bottlenecking. Then switch to a 6 core coffeelake in a few months.

I'm not sure if the power supply is sufficient in this case. The manufacturer recommends 600W, for his mother 550W.

I honestly doubt it would be a problem. The manufacturer recommendations are always very conservative to reduce support calls. Can you afford to get a better psu at the same time though? if you can afford it, then i'd say just go for it.

you will profitize from an i7, though most games can push 100+fps with an i5, the only game that struggles is BF1, that one really loves i7's 

Now I'm really confused. Better will be a new platform with a processor exchange or a powerful graphics card, in this case of course.

I'd say wait for coffee lake in your case. If it was a new build I'd recommend ryzen but you already have a perfectly capable machine. If you really need to you can buy a 1080ti now and wait until holiday time to buy into coffee lake, which should be a pretty good performance increase for you.

||CPU: i7-6850k @4.7Ghz||    ||Mobo: Asus X99-Deluxe II||    ||Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 2666Mhz||    ||GPU: GTX 1080 Founder Edition||

||Case: NZXT H440||    ||Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250Gb, 1Tb Seagate Barracuda||

||PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 watt G2||