Is 8th grade art class necessary?

AniJan

I wanted to take art classes in school, but I missed my chance.

I want to know if it's necessary for one to take 8th art class in school because I want to try to catch up on my own.

Also, is it necessary to take art classes in middle school to take art classes in high school?

7 hours ago, AniJan said:

-art snip-

There are some curriculums through middle school and high school that require pre requisites, for example you need to take pre-calc before you can take calc. I do not believe Art is one of those studies however, so you should be okay. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Art is generally considered an elective so you don't "have" to take it, though your school system likely requires you take a certain amount of electives.

However taking an art class in middle school shouldn't be necessary to take an art class in high school.  If your school system has different tiers of art classes then you may have to take lower tiered one before taking the next highest tier, but usually you can start at the bottom in high school.

An example of these tiers is like taking a foreign language.  taking spanish 1 is required before you take spanish 2, but there isn't a pre-req for spanish 1. 

12 hours ago, AniJan said:

I wanted to take art classes in school, but I missed my chance.

I want to know if it's necessary for one to take 8th art class in school because I want to try to catch up on my own.

Also, is it necessary to take art classes in middle school to take art classes in high school?

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You're school surely has guidance councilors who are more suitable to answer this question than any of us here. o.O

@AniJan basically, every question you ask, @AshleyAshes comment here is the correct answer :P No offense, but you ask questions where there is an actual, specific person, who can answer it precisely and fully. Perhaps it is the way you were raised, but you seem to lack the ability to ask the "obvious" person for an answer. But rather, you'd prefer to post in LTT forums, in which literally every response including mine will be 100% guessing or hypothetical - unless your high school guidance councilor happens to be a forum member - in which case, they STILL couldn't answer the question via the forum due to privacy laws.

With that in mind:

1. From my memory, art class in Middle School (Often called Junior High School - but basically grades 6 to 8) was the very basics of theory (Eg: Green is made up by combining blue and yellow, etc). You painted some random shit, maybe you made a clay ashtray because wtf else are you gonna make because your mug would have sucked ass.

Basically, if you are truly interested in art, as a hobby or even as a career in life... well, you didn't miss much.

2. In most high schools, art class will probably be a beginner class, with no prerequisite.

3. In addition to that, most high school classes have absolutely nothing to do with what classes you took in middle school.

4. Some high schools may have more than one art class - perhaps one each year (Grade 9, 10, etc) - perhaps different specializations. You likely need to take the first basic art class as a prerequisite for the ones in the higher grades.

But in either case, just freaking talk to your school guidance councilor. If you are still in middle school, they can at least tell you some basics - if you've already started high school, talk to the councilor and they'll have full details. If you are about to start high school, same answer applies.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

@AniJan basically, every question you ask, @AshleyAshes comment here is the correct answer :P

Anijan could be trapped in an elevator with a woman who was going into labor, and he'd ask this forum what to do only to have us all tell him to call 911. >_>

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Anijan could be trapped in an elevator with a woman who was going into labor, and he'd ask this forum what to do only to have us all tell him to call 911. >_>

lmao I believe you

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

You're school surely has guidance councilors who are more suitable to answer this question than any of us here. o.O

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

@AniJan basically, every question you ask, @AshleyAshes comment here is the correct answer :P No offense, but you ask questions where there is an actual, specific person, who can answer it precisely and fully. Perhaps it is the way you were raised, but you seem to lack the ability to ask the "obvious" person for an answer. But rather, you'd prefer to post in LTT forums, in which literally every response including mine will be 100% guessing or hypothetical - unless your high school guidance councilor happens to be a forum member - in which case, they STILL couldn't answer the question via the forum due to privacy laws.

With that in mind:

1. From my memory, art class in Middle School (Often called Junior High School - but basically grades 6 to 8) was the very basics of theory (Eg: Green is made up by combining blue and yellow, etc). You painted some random shit, maybe you made a clay ashtray because wtf else are you gonna make because your mug would have sucked ass.

Basically, if you are truly interested in art, as a hobby or even as a career in life... well, you didn't miss much.

2. In most high schools, art class will probably be a beginner class, with no prerequisite.

3. In addition to that, most high school classes have absolutely nothing to do with what classes you took in middle school.

4. Some high schools may have more than one art class - perhaps one each year (Grade 9, 10, etc) - perhaps different specializations. You likely need to take the first basic art class as a prerequisite for the ones in the higher grades.

But in either case, just freaking talk to your school guidance councilor. If you are still in middle school, they can at least tell you some basics - if you've already started high school, talk to the councilor and they'll have full details. If you are about to start high school, same answer applies.

k