Help Overclocking XFX R7 260x 2GB

I realize a XFX R7 260x isn't the ideal gaming GPU for today's games but I came across one for free and couldn't resist trying it out. It's currently the best GPU I have (lol) and would like to see what I could get out of it with some overclocking. **I am using air cooling only**

I have no idea the best way to overclock an AMD GPU. Tried googling and got outdated videos that don't work anymore. Was wondering if someone could help me.

Thanks!

XFX might have software for it which you use for overclocking. Have a look on their site.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

13 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

XFX might have software for it which you use for overclocking. Have a look on their site.

They don't seem to have anything, just link to AMD site for drivers and what not. I've never gotten in depth with Overclocking. Old PC had a HD Radeon 6770 and OC'd that to a little over 1000 MHz but didn't understand what I was doing. Used Catalyst for that. I just don't know how to Overclock and don't know what software to use.

31 minutes ago, Seams said:

They don't seem to have anything, just link to AMD site for drivers and what not. I've never gotten in depth with Overclocking. Old PC had a HD Radeon 6770 and OC'd that to a little over 1000 MHz but didn't understand what I was doing. Used Catalyst for that. I just don't know how to Overclock and don't know what software to use.

Use Msi Afterburner It works with all the cards. Made before 2010

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

42 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Use Msi Afterburner It works with all the cards. Made before 2010

When using afterburner is there anything I need to know? I don't expect to push this card too far with 3 case fans but it is in my chilly 60-65 degree basement. What intervals should I bump the MHz up by and what should I and what shouldn't I mess with?

think theres not mutch oc room, xfx 280x crashes immediately with 1050mhz, keeping its 1000mhz

4 hours ago, Seams said:

When using afterburner is there anything I need to know? I don't expect to push this card too far with 3 case fans but it is in my chilly 60-65 degree basement. What intervals should I bump the MHz up by and what should I and what shouldn't I mess with?

Just watch this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

17 hours ago, Seams said:

Id say try 50 mhz bumb every 10 minutes of passing testing then for memory 60mhz intervals. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |