Building an "alreight" pc for GF

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Coffee Lake has been on the roadmap for 2017/2018 since 2013/2014... 

And given how soon after Kaby Lake (which would have been a success if AMD didn't actually deliver on most of the Hype) they'd have left it until this time next year, 2017-2018 is still a hell of a loose time for a roadmap, they moved it forward, hopefully it's ready., it seems both companies right now have a few issues as well, from thermals to RAM, I guess this is the cost of rapidly moving technology and competition (I haven't experienced this since like 2011) 

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

RGB set to pink? Maybe just straight up pink LEDs and pink custom sleeved cables. You also don't want to over do the pink. just have it accent the white. 

exaxtly what i was liking in accenting the white 

Just now, Nipplemilk909 said:

exaxtly what i was liking in accenting the white 

I'm not sure if there are any white mini ITX boards, MSI have a few black ones with white accents, but the board will be barely visible anyways. Maybe look for said LEDs after all, LEDs are easy to ad and if done just right will make the system pop

Yours faithfully

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

Funny, on launch there weren't any motherboards that cheap on the B250 chipset. Just took a look, and there still isn't.

The 1050Ti is weak. A lot of games, it'll barely hit 35 fps at 1080p. Granted, we don't know what she plays, but you even didn't ask. I can find a 1060 easily. I'm sure the OP can as well.

Funny, last time I checked B250 chipset and H110 weren't comparable. Same way B250 and H310 aren't comparable. Or, like how Z270 and A320 aren't comparable. H110 chipset motherboards launched right around $50, and I guarantee you'll be able to get an H310 chipset board for right around $50.

14 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Brand new boards aren't usually that cheap, and don't usually launch that fast either. 

Yes, they are usually that "cheap" for entry level motherboards. How fast? I never said how fast motherboards launched? However, yes, H110 chipset motherboards were available either on launch, or immediately after with Skylake.

14 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

And given how soon after Kaby Lake (which would have been a success if AMD didn't actually deliver on most of the Hype) they'd have left it until this time next year, 2017-2018 is still a hell of a loose time for a roadmap, they moved it forward, hopefully it's ready., it seems both companies right now have a few issues as well, from thermals to RAM, I guess this is the cost of rapidly moving technology and competition (I haven't experienced this since like 2011) 

Kaby Lake wouldn't have been any better if Ryzen didn't exist. Kaby Lake is, and would have still been a hot version of Skylake with slightly better clock speeds. The only good thing from Kaby Lake is 4c Pentium's. Ryzen done nothing to shake up Intel, Coffee Lake was ALWAYS planned for 2017. In fact, it's a little late if you look at old roadmaps, because if you recall correctly, Kaby Lake was a little late. Also, look at old roadmaps and what not, Coffee Lake was ALWAYS going to have 6 core parts. I imagine if Ryzen didn't launch, Intel would have(and could have) held back on Coffee Lake, just like NVidia are doing with Volta though.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

1 minute ago, Sanctorum said:

Yes, they are usually that "cheap" for entry level motherboards. How fast? I never said how fast motherboards launched? However, yes, H110 chipset motherboards were available either on launch, or immediately after with Skylake.

Kaby Lake wouldn't have been any better if Ryzen didn't exist. Kaby Lake is, and would have still been a hot version of Skylake with slightly better clock speeds. The only good thing from Kaby Lake is 4c Pentium's. Ryzen done nothing to shake up Intel, Coffee Lake was ALWAYS planned for 2017. In fact, it's a little late if you look at old roadmaps, because if you recall correctly, Kaby Lake was a little late. Also, look at old roadmaps and what not, Coffee Lake was ALWAYS going to have 6 core parts. I imagine if Ryzen didn't launch, Intel would have(and could have) held back on Coffee Lake, just like NVidia are doing with Volta though.

Kaby Lake would have looked better, you missed my point. Honestly I don't notice the temperature, I delid everything, even soldered CPUs, because extreme overclocking, and bare die, sadly Kaby Lake is a pain to cool with a bare die, but something like Ryzen, if I had of bought it instead I'd just run that bare die, the nice things about PGA, it's easier. If Ryzen wasn't around Kaby Lake would still be the same thing; A faster and sure slightly hotter, Skylake, but 200Mhz is a nice bump, that's noticeable, almost 80 points or so on Cinebench. Mine does 5.2GHz, that's 500MHz over what most Skylake chips do, that isn't nothing. 

Yours faithfully

6 hours ago, Sanctorum said:

Funny, last time I checked B250 chipset and H110 weren't comparable. Same way B250 and H310 aren't comparable. Or, like how Z270 and A320 aren't comparable. H110 chipset motherboards launched right around $50, and I guarantee you'll be able to get an H310 chipset board for right around $50.

-snip-

They didn't release a low end H series chipset with the last series. That's why H110 was so cheap; it was much older.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Kaby Lake would have looked better, you missed my point. 

No, I didn't miss your point. It wouldn't have looked any better, regardless of Ryzen. Hence why when Kaby Lake launched, BEFORE Ryzen, no one really cared about it. It's a slight clock speed bump with much worse thermals.

30 minutes ago, dizmo said:

They didn't release a low end H series chipset with the last series. That's why H110 was so cheap; it was much older.

What are you talking about? What the fuck does it matter when H110 chipsets boards launched? They were still around $50 at launch, WITH SKYLAKE, the CPUs they were intended for initially. Kaby Lake didn't get H210 because it was a shitty refresh. Same way Haswell Refresh didn't get H91 chipset motherboards. You don't then compare B250 to H110, that's stupid and makes no sense. Like I said, it'd be like trying to compare A320 to Z370. Coffee Lake REQUIRES a 300 series chipset motherboard. We already know we're getting Z370, H370, B360, and H310 chipset motherboards with Coffee Lake.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

Why go brand new, I build my GF a ITX system in the corsair 250D with a i5-4460 and Gigabyte Phoenix MB, 8Gb ram, GTX960 and 240SSD+1TB 

she played on it and really enjoyed it, had no care for FPS or things like that, (This was a year and a half ago) and cost me nothing. 

Now she's gaming and streaming as well so I got her a brand new rig, but if she didn't like it i'd only be slightly out of pocket.

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333