Interesting Intel Coffee Lake & AMD RX Vega News

That_PC_Kid

Intel Coffee Lake price leaked. i7-8700K priced at $484 CAD (384 USD).

New insight on the RX Vega price confusion.

Intel Core i3-8350K 4C/4T

Intel Core i5-8600K 6C/6T

Intel Core i7-8700K 6C/12T

Screenshot_20170820-185850.thumb.png.c93eb8ee62fdca36f1c909292639c035.png

Intel Core i7-8700K is going to have a 11% increase on single-core performance and 51% increase on multi-core performance compared to the i7-7700K.

Intel plans on using B360 because of AMD stealing the B350 chipset name.

What are your thoughts on this news?

3 minutes ago, That_PC_Kid said:

Intel Core i7-8700K is going to have a 11% increase on single-core performance and 51% increase on multi-core performance compared to the i7-7700K.

Intel plans on using B360 because of AMD stealing the B350 chipset name.

What are your thoughts on this news?

That intel B360 noscoped!

Nobody? Aww....

I hate myself.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

51% increase on multi-core performance?

Dayum....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Hiitchy said:

Intel stealing the B360 name from AMD just screams petty.

AMD took X370. Maybe Intel's just getting revenge.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

AMD took X370. Maybe Intel's just getting revenge.

Revenge... when AMD caught em off guard with Ryzen and whatnot. The whole naming scheme and Intel is just a mess in general right now. I'm still waiting for the 7980XE to see what'll happen.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

9 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Well of course, new arch, higher clocks, and going from 8 threads to 12 will do that.

Since when does math matter to gamers? /s

On topic: I'm still confused as to why AMD ruined Vega with the pricing issue.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

7 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

Who stole what now? Intel had a scheme going, that AMD let's say were heavily inspired by it picking numerical values of the next gen Intel, thus forcing Intel to pick a different number to avoid confusion that AMD intentionally started.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

10 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

new arch

Adding 2 cores and refining the process is not a new architecture.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Adding 2 cores and refining the process is not a new architecture.

They're calling it coffee lake and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

They're calling it coffee lake and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt :P

Kaby lake...

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

almost 400$ just for the CPU? Maybe Ryzen will still be relevant after Coffelake releases. Guess Intel didn't learn their lesson on price gouging. Hopefully AMD come back quickly with better IPC and higher clocks.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

I've been holding out for 8700k for the last year, if it costs £380 it'll be DOA for me although I'll be willing to spend £320.

Just now, Armakar said:

almost 400$ just for the CPU? Maybe Ryzen will still be relevant after Coffelake releases. Guess Intel didn't learn their lesson on price gouging. Hopefully AMD come back quickly with better IPC and higher clocks.

Exactly, I'll buy the 1600 or 1700 and then I'll be able to upgrade to the later revisions of Zen if I want to, Intel will screw it up charging £380 for it when you can get a 1600 for £160.

Seems to be a rehash of a few other posts :P

I'm pretty interested in this new line, I think the new i5's could very well be the go-to for gaming builds.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Any mobile news?

Only one was that 8500U, I need news about them mobile HQ.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

4 minutes ago, spat55 said:

Exactly, I'll buy the 1600 or 1700 and then I'll be able to upgrade to the later revisions of Zen if I want to, Intel will screw it up charging £380 for it when you can get a 1600 for £160.

tbh, the massive ipc difference and huge clock boost of the 8700K probs means i'll end up taking the 8700k, even at double the price. Better platform, better chips; value only goes so far and i'm willing to pay that price for a great 6 core chip, it's better value then the crappy 7700K that's for sure.

However, I think the vast majority of people aren't willing to spend £400 on a 6c/12t chip when the 1600 exists, so hopefully Intel take a beating in market share again and cut the price down to atleast £300.

Main Rig

21 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

You mean AMD stealing from Intel and Nvidia is petty, since AMD stole their naming schemes from them. Examples X399 when Intel came up with x99 series, B350 when Intel were the ones with the B150 and B250 series, also the R3, R5 and R7 ripped directly from Intel's i3, i5 and i7s, then the FE - frontier edition taken from Nvidia's FE - Founders Edition.

If that $384 is list price, retail price is probably higher, $399-419 likely. If that's the case then Ryzen has won me over, I could take the difference in an R7 1700 and 8700k and put that towards a small custom loop I was toying with the idea of. That or I could just not upgrade at all lul.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

30 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

51% increase on multi-core performance?

Dayum....

Well, 50% more cores, makes sense you'd get 50% more performance. The problem is that at 400$ this isn't really going to be competing with the ryzen 7 1700, which probably has better multithreaded performance in the first place, so yeah...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Armakar said:

almost 400$ just for the CPU? Maybe Ryzen will still be relevant after Coffelake releases. Guess Intel didn't learn their lesson on price gouging. 

I actually think this is what should be expected. I mean, it is Intel rE-aligning its performance per dollar to match the new market, then adding a premium due to better max performance. I don't see what lesson is there to be learned: they'll have somewhat worse performance per dollar than AMD, but not much, and they will largely outsell AMD. Their current lineup did become insanely bad in value terms do to AMD's catching up, but if these prices are confirmed for Coffee Lake things will return to normal. I mean, yes, it has fewer cores, but if at the end of the day it still matches Ryzen 7's multi-threaded performance and maintains a safe lead in single-threaded performance, it will have no problem in collecting a moderate price premium. It will annihilate older generation i7s, i5s, and i3s at MSRP, though, but stocks don't need to be cleared at MSRP anyway :P 

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Well, 50% more cores, makes sense you'd get 50% more performance. The problem is that at 400$ this isn't really going to be competing with the ryzen 7 1700, which probably has better multithreaded performance in the first place, so yeah...

People where paying 330-350 EUR for the 7700K, and I don't think sales have plummeted since Ryzen's release. I know (and Intel knows) they could not hope to keep that going for ever, but I don't think they will have trouble marketing a 30-50 EUR more expensive CPU with 50% more cores and the "latest and shiniest" tag on it. 

Also, remember that AMD also sells the 1800x, because :P Stacking the CPUs by price, the highest-end Intel CPU will be cheaper than the highest-end AMD CPU. I don't think Intel will have a problem spinning that.

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I actually think this is what should be expected. I mean, it is Intel r-aligning its performance per dollar to match the new market, then adding a premium due to better max performance. I don't see what lesson is there to be learned: they'll have somewhat worse performance per dollar than AMD, but not much, and they will largely outsell AMD. Their current lineup did become insanely bad in value terms do to AMD's catching up, but if these prices are confirmed for Coffee Lake things will return to normal. I mean, yes, it has fewer cores, but if at the end of the day it still matches Ryzen 7's multi-threaded performance and maintains a safe lead in single-threaded performance, it will have no problem in collecting a moderate price premium. It will annihilate older generation i7s, i5s, and i3s at MSRP, though, but stocks don't need to be cleared at MSRP anyway :P 

Well, the "intel premium" has come back a little with a mainstream 6-core introduced, however Ryzen still lowers it alot; we've got to remember there still will be debate on whether to get a 8700k, or a 1700 (with 2 more cores, 4 more threads) for a cheaper price on a cheaper platform. And, while yes, the 8700K will demolish the 1600, it is double the price (again, with a more expensive motherboard), so for people on a set budget who don't want to put an extra 200$ in for a 6 core, AMD will still dominate this side of the market. I'd say builds under 1000$ are still going to be in AMD's favour, nobody is going to spend almost half their budget on just a CPU.

As for Ryzen 5, again, while the intel premium will come back with a 6 core, we've still got a 6 core on AMD for a likely lower price, with hyperthreading, again on a cheaper platform. I'd say the only way we get the original intel premium back is if it's actually 11% IPC boost (not the bs 11% we were told about with skylake and kabylake), if they stop using peanut butter as thermal paste, and if they overclock as well as we've come to expect from intel. If the thermals aren't trash and the IPC has been boosted, i'll get the 8700k without a doubt, if it's pretty much Kaby-lake level IPC I don't mind going for a Ryzen 7; the IPC difference isn't even that huge between kaby lake and Ryzen 7.

Main Rig