Check Motherboard for Defects

Hello Everyone!

I am very new to PC building and i wanted to ask for some help.

I am building my pc and i wanted to save some money so thats why i decided to use amazon warehouse deals.

Found my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO almost 40£ cheaper than new so i decided to buy it. On the website it said it is used but in very good condition.(minor cosmetic damages)

When i first opened it up a noticed it is in a non-static bag instead of the normal packaging so i check for the other parts and the labels,stickers are missing the others are not opened(like the i/o shield,sata cables).

So i am guessing it is not used its just someone bought it from amazon , stole the stickers then returned it.

The mobo looks completely new but i have 30 days to return it and i wanted to make sure that it works properly.

I can upload some pictures if necessary.

So here i am asking for help about how to check the mobo for defects.

Thank you for all the help.

put a CPU in it and see if it POSTs?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

the way to see if it works is to see if... well.... it works.

put in a CPU, RAM, and connect it to power, and see if it POSTs

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

5 minutes ago, ublwow said:

Hello Everyone!

I am very new to PC building and i wanted to ask for some help.

I am building my pc and i wanted to save some money so thats why i decided to use amazon warehouse deals.

Found my ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO almost 40£ cheaper than new so i decided to buy it. On the website it said it is used but in very good condition.(minor cosmetic damages)

When i first opened it up a noticed it is in a non-static bag instead of the normal packaging so i check for the other parts and the labels,stickers are missing the others are not opened(like the i/o shield,sata cables).

So i am guessing it is not used its just someone bought it from amazon , stole the stickers then returned it.

The mobo looks completely new but i have 30 days to return it and i wanted to make sure that it works properly.

I can upload some pictures if necessary.

So here i am asking for help about how to check the mobo for defects.

Thank you for all the help.

the only way to truly test it is just popping a cpu/ram in it damage can be hidden inside the chips and cant be seen externally 

thank you everyone for the replies. i am able to turn it on and it works. i set up the bios as well and everything seems fine so i am guessing its all right. i just wanted a bit of piece of mind.