NZXT aer rgb fans troubleshoot

CheekyWizard

Quick question:

When i turn my computer on, all of my 3 NZXT aer rgb 140mm fans start spinning and lighting up.

But after a while (usually after 2-3 hours) 1 of the 3 randomly stops spinning but the lights keep working, and i have no clue why.

Now, my question is very simple. Is it because my computer does'nt need the cooling as it's average temperature is 35°C, or can it be a software related bug as they are depended on a program called CAM to work properly.

I'm also pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the amount of juice it gets as they always spin when i start up, but in any case i'll just throw it out there that i have a 550 watt PSU.

If any of you had this problem as well and found the solution, i'll be more than happy to hear the answer!

20170820_170004.jpg

try keeping the computer in the UEFI and see if it has the same problem, if it does then it is hardware related probably and RMA
if it doesn't happen then it has to do with the software. reinstall it might help 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

37 minutes ago, themctipers said:

try keeping the computer in the UEFI and see if it has the same problem, if it does then it is hardware related probably and RMA
if it doesn't happen then it has to do with the software. reinstall it might help 

Maybe it's also worth mentioning that i have the NZXT H440 2015 edition case, which comes with a fan hub. I connected the PWM cable into the to MOBO CPU fan slot. So could it be possible that all my fans work for the cpu only?

3 minutes ago, CheekyWizard said:

Maybe it's also worth mentioning that i have the NZXT H440 2015 edition case, which comes with a fan hub. I connected the PWM cable into the to MOBO CPU fan slot. So could it be possible that all my fans work for the cpu only?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just try with the uefi first

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:48 AM, CheekyWizard said:

If they're plugged into your cpu_fan header, they should be reacting to your cpu temps. What are your fan settings? If the fan curve is low enough, a speed setting below the fans' minimum will mean that they stop spinning.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 22-8-2017 at 7:58 AM, WoodenMarker said:

If they're plugged into your cpu_fan header, they should be reacting to your cpu temps. What are your fan settings? If the fan curve is low enough, a speed setting below the fans' minimum will mean that they stop spinning.

But it's weird tho, because only the NZXT aer rgb one's stop spinning..

2 hours ago, CheekyWizard said:

But it's weird tho, because only the NZXT aer rgb one's stop spinning..

Different fans have different minimum rpm. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here, I have three AER RGB fans connected direct to motherboard sys_fan headers. My problem might be bigger since sometimes not only one but two fans stop spinning. Btw I have configured speed/temp curves to start spinning at 20°Celsius, both inside BIOS and Gigabyte SIV application (my mobo is Gigabyte Z170x gaming 7).

I will try staying in UEFI for a couple of hours.