Stock AM4 cooler mounts.

Hi all ,

Maybe a stupid question but are you able to swap the stock plastic am4 cooler mounts out on different mobo vendors ?

I'm trying to help a mate out who installed the stock ryzen cooler but he lost the original mounts that came with his mobo. Now he bought a AIO liquid cooler that needs the original mounts. 

His mobo is from MSI while mine is from Gigabyte. Can he use my mounts or will this conflict with the height of the socket. I don't know if all socket are equally in height.

All sockets would have to be equal in height it else third party coolers would be much more complex. Should be fine.

13 minutes ago, ShinchanNL said:

Hi all ,

Maybe a stupid question but are you able to swap the stock plastic am4 cooler mounts out on different mobo vendors ?

I'm trying to help a mate out who installed the stock ryzen cooler but he lost the original mounts that came with his mobo. Now he bought a AIO liquid cooler that needs the original mounts. 

His mobo is from MSI while mine is from Gigabyte. Can he use my mounts or will this conflict with the height of the socket. I don't know if all socket are equally in height.

Im pretty sure the bracket is universal on all am4 mobos

CPU: Ryzen 3700X Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Pro Wifi CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 Rev 2 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz GPU: Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 SSD: 250GB SK Hynix SATA and 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Cooler Master NR200 Monitor: LG 27GL850 Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Razer Viper Audio: Sennheiser PC37X and Logitech G560 Speakers