Battlefield 1 DirectX Error

LM99

Hi everyone,

I've always been able to run Battlefield 1 just fine but recently the game won't launch anymore due to a pop-up message that says: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_HUNG_GPU: "", Driver 38528. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 1024MB of VRAM.

I have a 1050ti with the latest drivers installed, a ryzen 5 1600, asus b350 plus mobo and 8GB of ram. I've tried reïnstalling windows several times but nothing helps.

Thanks.

I had a similar problem, but in a different game. It was using an earlier version of directx (9 if I remember right). I was able to change it in the games graphics settings. You might try that.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Hi everyone,

I've always been able to run Battlefield 1 just fine but recently the game won't launch anymore due to a pop-up message that says: DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_HUNG_GPU: "", Driver 38528. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 1024MB of VRAM.

I have a 1050ti with the latest drivers installed, a ryzen 5 1600, asus b350 plus mobo and 8GB of ram. I've tried reïnstalling windows several times but nothing helps.

Thanks.

Just had this hours ago. It did it whenever I ALT+TAB or WIN+TAB. Not sure why though. I am doing this on a 1060 laptop.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!

• 2 weeks later...
On 20-8-2017 at 11:30 PM, Tech22 said:

Just had this hours ago. It did it whenever I ALT+TAB or WIN+TAB. Not sure why though. I am doing this on a 1060 laptop.

Found the problem. One of my memory sticks was broken. The strange thing is that windows gives error messages for DirectX when it actually is your memory. I looked this up and it is because Windows doesn't really know what the problem is, but because it is a graphical application it assumes that the graphics card is the problem. Anyway, new Ram solved everything. Don't think that that will be the problem on your laptop though...

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

Found the problem. One of my memory sticks was broken. The strange thing is that windows gives error messages for DirectX when it actually is your memory. I looked this up and it is because Windows doesn't really know what the problem is, but because it is a graphical application it assumes that the graphics card is the problem. Anyway, new Ram solved everything. Don't think that that will be the problem on your laptop though...

I am showing 16gb of ram and it happened on my desktop. Shows my 8gb on the laptop too.

Watercooling Pro & Keyboard Enthusiast!