Realtek HD Audio Manager resets my Headphone AMP

Go to solution Solved by MadMurl0c,

Reinstalling didn't fix the issue, it worked after a couple restarts.. I don't know why exactly but the bug is gone.

Hey everyone,

a week ago I bought a new mainboard (Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming K5) and I really like this one except some small bugs. The ram only runs on 2933Mhz instead of 3200Mhz and another bug that really annoys me. I got a pair of Superlux HD681 Evo connected to my PC and they sound pretty good with the integrated sound but whenever I open the Realtek GUI or restart my PC the headphone amp (called "Headphone Power" in the GUI) gets set back to "level 1". It worked fine some days after I reinstalled windows but now (4 days later) I got this bug again and I don't know why. Maybe someone can help me fixing it (Gigabyte Support wasn't a big help either).

Thanks in advance

realtek.PNG

Reinstalling didn't fix the issue, it worked after a couple restarts.. I don't know why exactly but the bug is gone.

Yea I've got the same problem. It seems I've got to set it to Level 3 each time I boot up, or each time I open the control panel. I'm using an old pair of Seinnheiser PC 160s and they sound like crap without a strong amplified signal. I would have thought these would be automatically detected as high impedence headphones, like the feature set is claimed to do :P

Did you reinstall Windows with the new mainboard? This and some restarts saved the issue for me :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 7:27 PM, MadMurl0c said:

Did you reinstall Windows with the new mainboard? This and some restarts saved the issue for me :D

Damn i have the b350 gaming 3 also gigabyte and i have had both of your problems. Rams now fixed and my amp is resetting. I didnt use an old drive in my pc so waht else could be the problem?

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

On 9/12/2017 at 6:08 AM, Vandorlot said:

Damn i have the b350 gaming 3 also gigabyte and i have had both of your problems. Rams now fixed and my amp is resetting. I didnt use an old drive in my pc so waht else could be the problem?

Sorry I don't know why this happens. I get the error once a week but most of the time it works fine after a reboot although my ram still doesn't work at 3200Mhz :/

This is also happening to me as well using the Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Motherboard (latest BIOS revision installed) with an 7700k running Windows 10. If I leave the computer idle too long, it resets back to 2 instead of 3. Restarting computer does the same. Installed a sandbox environment with the same set up and the amplifier defaults back to 2 no matter what option I tinker with.Would also like to note I have the most recent Audio Driver and Realtek program installed as well. It's pretty annoying to have to do this every boot, really needs to be addressed with an option. Even digging around the Realtek program installation folder doesn't have any default configs to change. Got to drive my HD 380's some how and bought this board in mind of that without needing a DAC.