Kind of Stuck Right now...

So I was draining my system and I noticed that my tubing kind of gained a yellowish tint to it because of the Cryofuel that was in it, I was told that it was my best bet for coolant if I didn't want to use PT Nuke or a Silver Coil to prevent growth while not staining the tubing really fast. It seems like it still stained my tubing even though it was clear Cryofuel at 3 weeks old. The only thing I can think of right now is to do Hard Line tubing, but I would have to replace all my fittings, get more tubing, and learn how to bend it. I'm not sure how much this will cost at 8 fittings and how much tubing I will need. I would rather avoid this approach, so if possible I would rather have a different solution. Thanks.

Do you need to use new fittings? I thought you just needed to replace o-rings in them.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

8 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

So I was draining my system and I noticed that my tubing kind of gained a yellowish tint to it because of the Cryofuel that was in it, I was told that it was my best bet for coolant if I didn't want to use PT Nuke or a Silver Coil to prevent growth while not staining the tubing really fast. It seems like it still stained my tubing even though it was clear Cryofuel at 3 weeks old. The only thing I can think of right now is to do Hard Line tubing, but I would have to replace all my fittings, get more tubing, and learn how to bend it. I'm not sure how much this will cost at 8 fittings and how much tubing I will need. I would rather avoid this approach, so if possible I would rather have a different solution. Thanks.

Do you have a photo of the tubing, that seems very quick for only 3 weeks of use which is not normal for that to occur. 

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Do you need to use new fittings? I thought you just needed to replace o-rings in them.

Yes the hardline fittings aren't the same as the soft tube ones.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:06 PM, W-L said:

Do you have a photo of the tubing, that seems very quick for only 3 weeks of use which is not normal for that to occur. 

Yes the hardline fittings aren't the same as the soft tube ones.

I figured out the problem now, it's much later I know. The problem was the color of the cryofuel concentrate was a slight yellow tint, which then ended up dying the tubing. I switched to Primochill Utopia which is much more clear looking and is a smaller amount in a much larger volume of water. 

3 minutes ago, OsuMasterz said:

I figured out the problem now, it's much later I know. The problem was the color of the cryofuel concentrate was a slight yellow tint, which then ended up dying the tubing. I switched to Primochill Utopia which is much more clear looking and is a smaller amount in a much larger volume of water. 

Hmm I don't think I've seen Primochill Utopia before, let me know how that biocide works out. 

6 hours ago, OsuMasterz said:

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the CryoFuel, which tubing were you using? I've actually not come across before the clear cryofuel staining yellow, so would be interested in finding out what gave up in your system. What kind of water temperatures were you having and how much water did you add to the 100 ml concentrate?

4 hours ago, For Science! said:

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the CryoFuel, which tubing were you using? I've actually not come across before the clear cryofuel staining yellow, so would be interested in finding out what gave up in your system. What kind of water temperatures were you having and how much water did you add to the 100 ml concentrate?

I was using the EK-DuraClear tubing that is recommended to be used with the concentrate. I don't know the water temperatures were, but the PC was being cooled fine. I added 900ml of water to the mix to make a liter of coolant.

2 hours ago, OsuMasterz said:

-snip-

Did you try to contact EK? Sounds like they've had issues with this tubing in the past. Anyway, if you've swtiched to primochill and it looks fine, then I guess no need to fix something that isn't broken.

7 hours ago, For Science! said:

Did you try to contact EK? Sounds like they've had issues with this tubing in the past. Anyway, if you've swtiched to primochill and it looks fine, then I guess no need to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm going to stay with Primochill for now because of their large dye selection, and for the past week the tubing hasn't changed color even though the dye is in the loop.