I need reccommendations

Hi all! I would love to know if you can link me cheap cases that that are portable. Right now I have a mid tower and it is really heavy and incomfortable to carry it where I go every two weekends. Probably I will get the Noctua NH-L9i. Any help is appriciated. 

NOTE: Amazon and newegg charges me 12 dollars of shipping. Ebay is prefered because it is free or less shipping. But I dont care if you link it on amazon or newegg.

EDIT: Read the post again please

18 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Hi all! First at all, if I don't respond quickly it is because I made another thread about my phone soo... anyways. I would love to know if you can link me cheap cases that fit my hyper evo 212 and that they are portable. Right now I have a mid tower and it is really heavy and incomfortable to carry it where I go every two weekends. Any help is appriciated. 

NOTE: Amazon and newegg charges me 12 dollars of shipping. Ebay is prefered because it is free or less shipping. But I dont care if you link it on amazon or newegg.

You now  a motherbord box is free right ?

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

Just now, Swealteek said:

You now  a motherbord box is free right ?

My motherboard was used and didn't came with a box. Plus I want it thightly secured.

24 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Hi all! First at all, if I don't respond quickly it is because I made another thread about my phone soo... anyways. I would love to know if you can link me cheap cases that fit my hyper evo 212 and that they are portable. Right now I have a mid tower and it is really heavy and incomfortable to carry it where I go every two weekends. Any help is appriciated. 

I think you may find difficulty matching "hyper evo 212" and "portable" with the same case - The cooler is 160mm tall - where ~65mm is compatible with most SFF cases. Sadly, I don't have any recommendations. Sorry mate,

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

I think you may find difficulty matching "hyper evo 212" and "portable" with the same case - The cooler is 160mm tall - where ~65mm is compatible with most SFF cases. Sadly, I don't have any recommendations. Sorry mate,

Oh well. Seems I will need to get a low profile heatsink so I can get portability. I think that will open me a lot of options.

5 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Will this a good heatsink https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080ATR2Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1503188619&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=low+profile+heatsink&dpPl=1&dpID=4180q2yqPeL&ref=plSrch or should I look for a better one? 

6 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

yes. i had 1, its a bitch to instal do

3 minutes ago, Swealteek said:

yes. i had 1, its a bitch to instal do

Well, The hyper evo was very damn, *how* hard can it be? I wish not hard enough tho.

4 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Well, The hyper evo was very damn hard how hard can it go? I wish not hard enough tho.

You tat the evo was bad ooo boy. i spand 1 our figgerout than i got mad and grapt dinner. than look at a installation video after that it stil took my 30 min.

Just for ravrance. The pc we got for ar finel exam. i can tear down under 6 min. thats a naket case with everything dismantled. and put it tegader in about 7 min (fully working)

9 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Before you choose a CPU-cooler, I'd recommend finalizing a case - or else you may buy a cooler that isn't in the space you want or leaves a useless gap.

As for good coolers - I'd check out Noctua's.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

7 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Before you choose a CPU-cooler, I'd recommend finalizing a case - or else you may buy a cooler that isn't in the space you want or leaves a useless gap.

As for good coolers - I'd check out Noctua's.

Thanks for the tip. I will check a mini case I can afford and a pretty good low profile cooler

Yes, the Elite 130's cpu cooler height has to be under 65mm ( the cooler is 37mm). Generally, You want to use all of the space that the case provides, so you want to get as close to 60ish mm as possible (leaving a 5mm gap should keep you safe from the whistling that can happen from a fan against the panel of a case.

3 hours ago, MadOverclocker said:

The Elite 130 is a decent case. However, I'd recommend a Cryorig M9i and a small case that can fit it like a Define Nano or similar.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The Elite 130 is a decent case. However, I'd recommend a Cryorig M9i and a small case that can fit it like a Define Nano or similar.

Is that case portable? Mine is a mid tower and it is becoming less portable with the upgrade I put. When I upgraded the cooler portability went to almost dirt. When installed the GPU, not much of a difference. I also want a new smaller case, so I will have to get a slimmer cooler. Also the case I have only has bad airflow.

4 hours ago, MadOverclocker said:

Is that case portable? Mine is a mid tower and it is becoming less portable with the upgrade I put. When I upgraded the cooler portability went to almost dirt. When installed the GPU, not much of a difference. I also want a new smaller case, so I will have to get a slimmer cooler. Also the case I have only has bad airflow.

The Elite 130 is quite portable, yes. If you want something even more portable you can get a Bitfenix Prodigy or Corsair 380T. Both have handles. The Corsair only supports mini ITX.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The Elite 130 is quite portable, yes. If you want something even more portable you can get a Bitfenix Prodigy or Corsair 380T. Both have handles. The Corsair only supports mini ITX.

Sadly they dont make the 380T anymore :( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Yep I noticed it right now. :( 

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's a feelsbad cuz that was a good case.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

That's a feelsbad cuz that was a good case.

It's an amazing case styling and modding wise, though there are some design flaws and missed oppertunities, the case as a whole is beautiful to work with and I cant wait to build in it one day

(My friend was getting rid of his so I bought him a 350D ans we swapped)

20170810_215028.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

It's an amazing case styling and modding wise, though there are some design flaws and missed oppertunities, the case as a whole is beautiful to work with and I cant wait to build in it one day

(My friend was getting rid of his so I bought him a 350D ans we swapped)

Wow. I looked it up on google, exactly what I wanted, so bad they stopped manufactoring it :( .

If my GPU fitted over here, it would be perfect. Pico psu, micro itx, 8GB of ram, my HD 7850. It would be perfect but sadly, it isn't

8 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Wow. I looked it up on google, exactly what I wanted, so bad they stopped manufactoring it :( .

It also isnt in mATX form factor, So sadly it still wouldnt work for you unless you got a new mobo (also it retailed for $140, definitely not cheap)