Hi all! So since my phone has gotten the LCD+digitalizer fixed TWO times in a row and the back one time and today those died (RIP, Lasted a week. Press Alt+F4 to pay respects) for more info check the thread delete this unless is somewhat useful. I am looking to make one of these: Stick the mainboard to my desktop and improve cooling by installing it close to the exhaust fan or make a laptop out of it or install a custom OS similar to retropie (I do not want to keep android if I want to use it as an emulator). Thanks in advance.

what

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

It really depends on well, what phone you have.

If you've already got Developer mode, etc you can try to get it to work from ADB, but otherwise if you have no screen, there's no way you can flash or do anything of that sort.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Just now, JDE said:

what

Little confusing?

Easier comprehension: Phone got repaired 2 times in a row, I want to recycle it on any of those three ways Stick it inside of my PC Case OR make a laptop out of it OR make it an emulator BUT instead of installing different emulating apps I would love a custom OS like retro pie.

4 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

It really depends on well, what phone you have.

If you've already got Developer mode, etc you can try to get it to work from ADB, but otherwise if you have no screen, there's no way you can flash or do anything of that sort.

The phone is an Xperia Z3+ E6553

Half of the screen is working but my OTG broke and I do not know if I can make it work because my phone has a pattern. I did had developer mode on but ADB Mode, I do not remember If I had that on or off. Also my phone is not rooted.

2 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

The phone is an Xperia Z3+ E6553

Half of the screen is working but my OTG broke and I do not know if I can make it work because my phone has a pattern. I did had developer mode on but ADB Mode, I do not remember If I had that on or off. Also my phone is not rooted.

No retro pi for you...

You'd need it rooted first, with TWRP, and then somehow flash another supported operating system.

\

However, why would you stick it on the inside of your computer case? And using it as a laptop wont' work too well either. 

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

Just now, bob51zhang said:

No retro pi for you...

You'd need it rooted first, with TWRP, and then somehow flash another supported operating system.

\

However, why would you stick it on the inside of your computer case? And using it as a laptop wont' work too well either. 

I don't know, use it as a real Android "Desktop". Also my first laptop got the screen broken (And now one motherboard screw is stripped) and my lenovo has 2 broken hinges and where the hinge screws go broke.

1 minute ago, MadOverclocker said:

I don't know, use it as a real Android "Desktop". Also my first laptop got the screen broken (And now one motherboard screw is stripped) and my lenovo has 2 broken hinges and where the hinge screws go broke.

Phones don't do desktops.

Closest you can do is use "Linux Deploy" to host like a server on you phone, and use another app to VNC into it.

Basically, unless you fix your phone again, you're gonna have to sell it, or deal with the fact that it can barely be used for anything else.

Spoiler

Phones don't do desktops.

Closest you can do is use "Linux Deploy" to host like a server on you phone, and use another app to VNC into it.

Basically, unless you fix your phone again, you're gonna have to sell it, or deal with the fact that it can barely be used for anything else.

Thanks for the info. Also is it possible to convert my Xperia into a tablet atleast?

3 minutes ago, MadOverclocker said:

Thanks for the info. Also is it possible to convert my Xperia into a tablet atleast?

Nope, sorry.

Phones are the exact opposite of PCs, especially when it comes to modularity.

Basically unless you had yourself a degree in EE(and probably wouldn't need my help), the best thing you can do with an Android phone (since they're all so different), is just to replace original parts with newer, identical parts.

So yeah, sorry if it came out as harsh or anything, but phones are just annoying to deal with. :(

Spoiler

Nope, sorry.

Phones are the exact opposite of PCs, especially when it comes to modularity.

Basically unless you had yourself a degree in EE(and probably wouldn't need my help), the best thing you can do with an Android phone (since they're all so different), is just to replace original parts with newer, identical parts.

So yeah, sorry if it came out as harsh or anything, but phones are just annoying to deal with. :(

Thats bad news for me :( . The thing is I don't want to give all the money to repairs with lcd. The stupid thing now is that I bought a case+tempered glass on ebay, oh well gotta make my first return if they accept it.