YouTube adds "Breaking News" section to homepage

Armin

YouTube added new category called "Breaking News",where it shows news from all around world from different news channels on YT like ABC News,Al Jazeera,BBC,CNN,FOX News,etc.

Many regions can't see this feature yet,YouTube didn't gave any explanation about it.This feature is released on YouTube home page and YouTube app.

Most of YouTube's server-side rollouts are fairly limited, but this latest one seems to be pretty widespread. There's a new "Breaking News" section within the YouTube feed that has appeared for many, and it's exactly what you'd expect - a collection of videos pertaining to breaking news around the world.

No,no I don't want breaking (bad) news around youtube,we already have all of that on TV(if someone still watch that)

But the thing is,I didn't see this on YouTube yet,maybe bcs of my region idk.

nexus2cee_Screenshot_2017-08-18-08-25-22   3QLZrJuvRWWfvrSO45dPaQ.png

No,no I don't want breaking (bad) news around youtube,we already have all of that on TV(if someone still watch that)

But the thing is,I didn't see this on YouTube yet,maybe bcs of my region idk.

Source : http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/08/18/youtube-feed-now-breaking-news-section-across-platforms-many/

Where exactly can I find the breaking news? I have no idea what a feed it and can't find it.

Not seeing it on the Desktop side of things. I'm assuming it's a US only thing?

Then again, who uses the homepage of youtube, other than people who aren't signed in? It literally doesn't even show the latest videos. It shows me the videos that were uploaded days, months, if not years ago. It's useless as a homepage.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

fucking stop it youtube

the amount of random shit i have recommended to me is just .. STOP

i am here for linus, and like music once in a while 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I do not use YouTube for news (other than tech news). I use a real news site for that.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I don't want to watch CNN Fox or MSNBC lie about current events 90% of the time hence why I block that section

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

28 minutes ago, themctipers said:

fucking stop it youtube

the amount of random shit i have recommended to me is just .. STOP

i am here for linus, and like music once in a while 

set up your bookmark to go straight to https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions and you'll never see any of that shit since it will only show the videos from channels you are subbed to

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

set up your bookmark to go straight to https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions and you'll never see any of that shit since it will only show the videos from channels you are subbed to

how do i do this on mobile lol

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That's been there for a while from what I remember.

I believe so, but they weren't openly demonetizing many smaller news channels. And no, not just the extremist or fake news ones but even legit yet small news comentators like Kyle Kulinski.

-------

Current Rig

-------

All I want from my YouTube suggestions is to show videos I haven't watched yet. This morning, my YouTube suggestions includes Luke's video about the Nintendo Switch. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I believe so, but they weren't openly demonetizing many smaller news channels. And no, not just the extremist or fake news ones but even legit yet small news comentators like Kyle Kulinski.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I've had this on my YouTube homepage for what feels like a year.

Yay, something else for me to accidentally click on while trying to get to my subscriptions

This is old...

I don't watch the news. I don't listen to the news. I only read it if I can give immediate feedback. If it's not disheartening, an ad, or old, it's just another liberal journalist complaining.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

-vid-

This isn't a secrete mysterious algorhythm: Youtube laid out new rules and said out front that any content they'd deem controversial under very vague rules counts for demonetizing: They're deliberately not letting any other news channel compete unless they change their titles (Yes if you mention say, Islam, on your title at all even if it is to report on the news, you get demonetized) and even then if the footage is deemed too violent, even if taken directly from one of the major news network channels, it will get demonetized.

This is direct intervention from Google that makes it crystal clear: news outlet are to be the ones they approve. The excuse is being advertiser friendly but again I wouldn't be surprised if the exact same video would make it past the filter if it comes from one of the sponsored channels: Clearly the media companies here are given special treatment in this regard.

Which is again, fine, but a deliberate step into turning away from user content which will ultimately be unwise, but we'll see.

-------

Current Rig

-------

YouTube has finally accepted a while ago their business model failed, but it's nice to see them trying to solve that. Even if it's going to ruin the place.

YouTube will be "Like your TV, but on the Internet! And 100million other videos people uploaded, but commercial free". There'll never be enough ad revenue for the way video content works. Maybe in 10-15 years the Technicals will allow for it, but not now.

The other side of the coin is that it's just another nail in the coffin for Web 2.0 companies. Almost none of them have ever made any money.

6 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Where exactly can I find the breaking news? I have no idea what a feed it and can't find it.

no no, you don't find the breaking news section, it finds you

It pops up for me occasionally but I've never watched any of the videos, generally just reading the titles gives me all I need to know unless I'm interested. 

9 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Most of the real "news" sites are just propaganda sources

Not the ones I use. News sites in my language is generally far from as bad as US ones are....

but to compare to the sites you probably think of, why would youtube be any less "propaganda"?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking