Which of these 2 32" TVs is better?

the1santo
I'm helping a friend pick out a TV, the largest one he can fit in his space is 32" and he would prefer it be 1080p and have some 'smart' functionality. He's also on a budget, $200 or less, we scoured local sale sites for used higher-end models and nothing good has come up (and I don't trust someone shipping something as big as a TV from somewhere like ebay), so he's settling on getting something new. After searching through TVs from all major brands, we found 2 from Vizio that fit his criteria and are in budget.

Option 1 - the D-series 32", and

Option 2 - the E-series 32"

The E-series has smartcast (really don't know what makes this much better than built in apps), but the D-series is a 2017 model whereas the E appears to be a 2016, so it's panel could be better, right? Can anyone advise on which is better and maybe point out any differences that aren't shown on Vizio's site?

D has tuner, E doesn't. E is Full HD, D is 1080p. Those are the main differences you will see/notice. Personally I use an old E series TV as my main monitor (Vizio E241I-A1) and I like it. Not too keen on my bezel, or the built in speakers, but hey, its an old TV. Go with what your heart says.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

3 hours ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

D has tuner, E doesn't. E is Full HD, D is 1080p. Those are the main differences you will see/notice. Personally I use an old E series TV as my main monitor (Vizio E241I-A1) and I like it. Not too keen on my bezel, or the built in speakers, but hey, its an old TV. Go with what your heart says.

They both have tuners actually, and Full HD and 1080p areinterchangeable, they both mean 1920x1080 pixels. That’s why I’m asking because they’re so similar, same inputs, same resolution, but different firmwares and possibly different panels but no one has confirmed that to me yet.