Ryzen 3 + B350M Mortar Arctic

Go to solution Solved by MaxBeast4Z,

I was able to get everything working couple memory issues but it was difficult to solve you had to move the memory around. The board wasn't really the best the boot time is not the best because of the diagnostic LEDs it takes around 30 to 50 seconds to boot.

Let me tell you something though the CPU choice is excellent I just tested the Ryzen 3 1300X and it's amazing for how low price it is for what performance you can get I combined it with an RX 480 and I can stream I can play a lot of games at high resolution you did a very good choice to buy this CPU 8 gigs of RAM you should be totally fine with that and when you get the money go ahead and upgrade the video card.

I even have a livestream running the hardware https://www.twitch.tv/testbenchpc

hello everyone, got all the parts to my first build going but I am having some issues

Ryzen 3 1300x

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic

G Skill Ripjaws V 8GBx1 2400 

EVGA GTX1050 Ti

EVGA 500BQ

Ive gone through reseating my cpu numerous times and reseating the ram as well in each and every slot (just to be safe)

I'm getting the CPU (on instantly when powered on) and DRAM (turns on about a second after) debug lights, fans are spinning but these lights are staying on, no post. anyone got any suggestions?

I've been reading it takes a bit for ryzen to get going the first time so meanwhile I'm gonna give it a couple minutes

Just now, MaxBeast4Z said:

What type of postcode are you receiving?

the motherboard isn't beeping if thats what you're asking about, just the cpu and dram debug lights are on red, dram turns on a bit afterwards though, has not POST since I made this thread 

8 minutes ago, Oddcesarr said:

the motherboard isn't beeping if thats what you're asking about, just the cpu and dram debug lights are on red, dram turns on a bit afterwards though, has not POST since I made this thread 

If you have your stick of ram in the first dimm slot you should put it in this slot instead.

Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.

it's in the manual

This is if you have one stick of RAM and I see you only have one.

2 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

If you have your stick of ram in the first dimm slot you should put it in this slot instead.

Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first.

it's in the manual

This is if you have one stick of RAM and I see you only have one.

yea its in the second, I removed the cpu and powered it on and the ram light isn't on this time, (cpu is of course)..saw this in another forum, not sure if that can be a clue

Would you care send me a picture of how everything is setup right now.

I don't see anything wrong in the setup it would already boot by now just send me a picture this your first PC build?.

6 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

Would you care send me a picture of how everything is setup right now.

I don't see anything wrong in the setup just send me a picture this your first PC build.

I will note that one of the cpu power connectors isn't sitting as flush as I think it should be but it is all the way in, I've reconnected it many times

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

33 minutes ago, Oddcesarr said:

I will note that one of the cpu power connectors isn't sitting as flush as I think it should be but it is all the way in, I've reconnected it many times

IMG_2620.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

I see nothing wrong in your setup everything is exactly where it is I don't know if it's maybe the memory that is not compatible but that would be kind of rare for that to happen.

What I'm going to do is I'm going to buy exactly what you bought.

Can you give me a couple days.
I will get back to you.

1 minute ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

I see nothing wrong in your setup everything is exactly where it is I don't know if it's maybe the memory that is not compatible but that would be kind of rare for that to happen.

I will get back to you.

alright

the g skill part is F4-2400C15S-8GVR by the way, and its product page on amazon/newegg does say Intel but I have seen at least one other person running a ryzen build with that part

11 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

I will get back to you.

Your really gonna buy this just to help him? 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

Thats a beautiful board by the way... hope you get this working

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

4 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Thats a beautiful board by the way... hope you get this working

thank you, fitting it within an NZXT S340 white case so I'm pretty anxious impatient and excited to get it working, probably gonna swap out the ram though

Im very curious to see how this combo performs for you. Keep us updated :)

How long did you wait for it to post?

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

How long did you wait for it to post?

10 minutes at most, I've heard these things take forever the first time

14 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Your really gonna buy this just to help him? 

j3zK46z.jpg

Yeah I like to help people out look at all the stuff I have for just helping people out and I got even more I can't even put in a picture and I love doing this.

6 minutes ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

j3zK46z.jpg

Yeah I like to help people out look at all the stuff I have for just helping people out and I got even more I can't even put in a picture and I love doing this.

Dam!! Wanna test some stuff for me ?  lol

6 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

Dam!! Wanna test some stuff for me ?  lol

Well it depends I can do low to mid-range it depends how much it costs on mid-range I cannot do high-end.

I'm actually looking into reviewing Hardware soon.

1 minute ago, MaxBeast4Z said:

Well it depends I can do low to mid-range it depends how much it costs on mid-range I cannot do high-end.

I'm actually looking into reviewing Hardware soon.

Dont need anything tested, but.....kinda curious about low end builds. The lowest Ryzen with a 1050Ti types. Higher end build reviews are all over the place.

Not surpised by the issue, MSI AM4 mobos are junk both hardwarewise and softwarewise. Maybe try returning the mobo

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

On 8/19/2017 at 8:30 PM, Wingfan said:
On 8/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, Oddcesarr said:

hello everyone, got all the parts to my first build going but I am having some issues

Ryzen 3 1300x

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic

G Skill Ripjaws V 8GBx1 2400 

EVGA GTX1050 Ti

EVGA 500BQ

Ive gone through reseating my cpu numerous times and reseating the ram as well in each and every slot (just to be safe)

I'm getting the CPU (on instantly when powered on) and DRAM (turns on about a second after) debug lights, fans are spinning but these lights are staying on, no post. anyone got any suggestions?

I've been reading it takes a bit for ryzen to get going the first time so meanwhile I'm gonna give it a couple minutes

I received the motherboard and the CPU I still need the memory I'll get back to you

On 8/22/2017 at 2:06 PM, MaxBeast4Z said:

tried a new motherboard and stuff just was not working out so i decided to return my motherbaord, cpu, and ram altogether fearing i may i have damaged the cpu by reseating it so many times and people on other forums told em i should probably rma my board because they had the same light issue. on top of that i noticed my led light for the power switch wasnt working so i figured maybe the board was a little funky. i got replacements for the cpu and motherboard and decided to go with an 8gbx2 hyperx fury kit instead of a single stick since i had read that the ram will only run 2400 if dual channel. ram came in to day and i hooked it all up and BAM, it POSTs! ALTHOUGH, heres where i ask a follow up question that maybe you can help me out with since im not too savvy with BIOS yet, the bios recognized the AMD Ryzen 1300x cpu fine with the correct frequency of 3.5Ghz BUT it says it has 2 cores and not 4 and some base clock of 100Mhz. perhaps you can explain some of this stuff to me since im pretty new to this but im sure as hell the cpu is a quad core hahaha. i should probably look into the bios updates and whatnot but i wanted to get your thoughts on this to see if its common and how to fix it if its a problem. and thanks as always!

On 8/20/2017 at 3:55 AM, dave_k said:

Not surpised by the issue, MSI AM4 mobos are junk both hardwarewise and softwarewise. Maybe try returning the mobo

yea i returned it and got my machine POST today with a different ram kit and cpu & mobo replacements (thanks amazon lol). bios is telling me my quad core cpu has 2 cores though, should i be worried about that or is this common?

3 hours ago, Oddcesarr said:

yea i returned it and got my machine POST today with a different ram kit and cpu & mobo replacements (thanks amazon lol). bios is telling me my quad core cpu has 2 cores though, should i be worried about that or is this common?

Chevk in windows otherwise return the mobo

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

9 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Chevk in windows otherwise return the mobo

updated bios and it fixed it, the cpu is running hot though