New build first time everything turns on but no signal to monitor

Everything turns on the fans spin gpu light comes on and I'm using a dvi cable.

Power cables correctly connected? Like GPU, CPU etc? Push the memory a little, see if their well put in. If that doesnt work; Perhaps got other memory sticks to use? Or pull some memory sticks out.

4 minutes ago, sun2 said:

Power cables correctly connected? Like GPU, CPU etc? Push the memory a little, see if their well put in. If that doesnt work; Perhaps got other memory sticks to use? Or pull some memory sticks out.

I have doubled and tripple checked everything everything seems to be plugged in I've tried swapping slots for the ram I've tried using 1 stick should I send the ram back?

does monitor display anything if you boot using the motherboard video outputs?

Photography / Finance / Gaming

Just now, robhen5 said:

I have doubled and tripple checked everything everything seems to be plugged in I've tried swapping slots for the ram I've tried using 1 stick should I send the ram back?

Did the system boot with 1 stick? You could try other slots with that 1 memory stick.

Just now, mok said:

does monitor display anything if you boot using the motherboard video outputs?

Nope nothing I figured that was because I'm using ryzen and there is no igpu

Just now, sun2 said:

Did the system boot with 1 stick? You could try other slots with that 1 memory stick.

It boots fine everything turns on but no monitor signal.

Just now, robhen5 said:

It boots fine everything turns on but no monitor signal.

It turns on, but no screen? Checked monitor cables? Perhaps try a other cable like HDMI. If its not the memory or cables, there is always the possiblity of the CPU.

Just now, sun2 said:

It turns on, but no screen? Checked monitor cables? Perhaps try a other cable like HDMI. If its not the memory or cables, there is always the possiblity of the CPU.

Should I just send back the ram and cpu I'm pretty frustrated

Just now, robhen5 said:

Should I just send back the ram and cpu I'm pretty frustrated

Well it can happen that 1 memory stick or slot is broken. But not all sticks or slots, thats very rare. So you should test both sticks on all slots and outrule them being broken.

Check cables and use other cables. You simply need to outrule all possibilities. It can be as small as a wrong or broken cable.

Well a other possiblity is bend CPU pins. Some rough love during the build or a little hit towards the CPU can bend cpu/socket pins.

The pictures are extreme examples, but give you a good visual presentation how it looks. They look like this:

bentpins1.png

350x700px-LL-7e20bbba_3.png

350x700px-LL-ac72d6b0_Untitled.png

1 minute ago, sun2 said:

Well it can happen that 1 memory stick or slot is broken. But not all sticks or slots, thats very rare. So you should test both sticks on all slots and outrule them being broken.

Check cables and use other cables. You simply need to outrule all possibilities. It can be as small as a wrong or broken cable.

Well a other possiblity is bend CPU pins. Some rough love during the build or a little hit towards the CPU can bend cpu/socket pins.

The pictures are extreme examples, but give you a good visual presentation how it looks. They look like this:

bentpins1.png

350x700px-LL-7e20bbba_3.png

350x700px-LL-ac72d6b0_Untitled.png

I'll take the cooler off and clean it up and check the pins and I'll check the ram

9 minutes ago, robhen5 said:

I'll take the cooler off and clean it up and check the pins and I'll check the ram

Ok cool. And use other output ports from the grapics card or a other monitor/display. I one time spend a half hour on a same problem. Turned out only 1 specific port worked with a 1 type of cable. It can be that simple and ridiculous.

So thats what you wanna do first, cables. Then check memory and all possibilities. And then the CPU.

Bend pins can be very very small, you might need a magnifier. If you do find them, you could try bend them back with a gum on top of a pencil. But VERY VERY gentle. Look a YouTube video about it. But if your not so handy, just ship it back. Worst case scenario the need to replace the socket. Which costs around 50bucks. Its not a biggy.

5 minutes ago, sun2 said:

Ok cool. And use other output ports from the grapics card. I one time spend a half hour on a same problem. Turned out only 1 specific port worked with a 1 type of cable.

So thats what you wanna do first, cables. Then check memory and all possibilities. And then the CPU.

Bend pins can be very very small, you might need a magnifier. If you do find them, you could try bend them back with a gum on top of a pencil. But VERY VERY gentle. Look a YouTube video about it. But if your not so handy, just ship it back. Worst case scenario the need to replace the socket. Which costs around 50bucks. Its not a biggy.

Ok I'll check everything you mentioned

Just now, robhen5 said:

Ok I'll check everything you mentioned

Ok cool. And good luck, i hope you fix it soon!