Your thoughts on new Ryazen built

Hello,

I'm planning to drastically upgrade my current PC. I made this decision because I had to return my current Graphics card (a GTX 980 Ti), so I will get 800 Euros back, and I decided that I will spend it on a PC upgrade. 

My PC currently features an intel core i5-4570 sitting on an ASUS Z97-K with 16 GB ddr3 RAM cooled by a bequiet! dark rock pro 3. 

Since I'm basically satisfied with the performance of my GPU I thought about buying a GTX 1070 since the performance of these two cards is said to be very similar. 

And with the remaining 300 euros and some extra money I want to upgrade my CPU. 

Here's a link for the parts I would like to implement into my next build: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/gBy2yf 

You see I'm going for some kind of an RGB build cause I think they are really goog looking.

So what are your thoughts on the PC, is there anything I should do differently, maybe a similar or better performing component for less money? 

Let me know it!  

5 minutes ago, Colexd said:

Get faster ram, like 3000 or 3200

faster ram only would make sense with an Ryzan 7

7 minutes ago, MasterBleckieChan said:

faster ram only would make sense with an Ryzan 7

It actually effects all Ryzen CPU's. The Cores sit in different memory modules, where as intel its all on the same die. Faster ram helps those core groups communicate faster, this is applicable to all Ram. You can find my Ryzen 3 thread where I benchmarked everything to see the difference.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

It actually effects all Ryzen CPU's. The Cores sit in different memory modules, where as intel its all on the same die. Faster ram helps those core groups communicate faster, this is applicable to all Ram. You can find my Ryzen 3 thread where I benchmarked everything to see the difference.

Oh ok just learned something new, thank you! 

All good just get some faster ram

BTW I whould get the evga clc 280 since its cheaper and performs the same. Get some other ram like the lpx 3200mhz (doesn't have rgb but its faster ) and the Asus prime x370 mobo and with the savings get a better GPU

But if you won't to go with looks then go ahead

4 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

All good just get some faster ram

BTW I whould get the evga clc 280 since its cheaper and performs the same. Get some other ram like the lpx 3200mhz (doesn't have rgb but its faster ) and the Asus prime x370 mobo and with the savings get a better GPU

But if you won't to go with looks then go ahead

Since I'm planning to put the PC on my desk I really want a very good looking one. In Austria the evga clc 280 even costs more than the X62. Would it be ok as well if I get the G-skill RGB ram with 3000 or 3200 MgHr? What faster GPU would you recommend? 

17 minutes ago, MasterBleckieChan said:

Since I'm planning to put the PC on my desk I really want a very good looking one. In Austria the evga clc 280 even costs more than the X62. Would it be ok as well if I get the G-skill RGB ram with 3000 or 3200 MgHr? What faster GPU would you recommend? 

There is going to be very little difference from 3000-3200, but but buy the fastest you can afford

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

3 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

There is going to be very little difference from 3000-3200, but but buy the fastest you can afford

I think I better should look into those benchmarks you mentioned 

25 minutes ago, MasterBleckieChan said:

2 hours ago, Leshya said:

Same budget as in your PCPR list. - RyZen doesn't need anything more than a stock cooler, in all honesty, got you a great AIB 1080 and 3200MHz 16GB ram (2x8 at C15)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€199.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€105.29 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€152.56 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB SC2 Gaming iCX Video Card  (€631.76 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1089.60

I'm planing to overclock it but that shoulnt be a problem cause I allready have a bequiet! Dark rock pro 3. Water cooling would just be for aesthetics... 

16 minutes ago, Leshya said:

The stock cooler can get you 4GHz on a 1600 with headroom tho...

As I said aesthetics matter a bit on this build since I am planning to put it on my desk... so the water cooling would just be for aesthetics and the case too.

Since these two parts don't really matter for PC performance I planned on buying them later down the line or if I manage to sell my case for ~80$ to buy the NZXT case. 

The rest of the parts I chose because of aesthetics and performance. Sadly it is very hards to find good looking and good performing Mainboards. I decided two go with a X370 because I read many not so good reviews, the sound cards aren't particularly good, overheating components....  and the ASUS X370 was the cheapest good looking mainboard. 

But the RAM you recommended is very good and looks great as well, I think I will go with that one instead of the RGB. 

Oh and it isn't necessary to use the stock cooler since I already own the bequiet!  and to use a better cooler can't be a bad idea. 

5 minutes ago, Leshya said:

Performance > Atheistic. I can fit in a 1080 if I sacrifice the aesthetics where as you would be getting 20-25% less performance for looks?

No I won't sacrifice performance, I just have to spend a little more... I realized that I can sell my old parts for good money, so the budget increased a little bit 

10 minutes ago, Leshya said:

so then just add the X62 and X370 motherboard to my list since it's preformance orientated. If you can get some ASUS ROG board, they always look nice.

Now I just have to figure out the GPU

4 hours ago, Leshya said:

The stock cooler can get you 4GHz on a 1600 with headroom tho...

Lol, golden chip much?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

Lol, golden chip much?

befor I'm gonna buy the EVGA I'm gonna buy the ASUS STRIX 1080