"Daddy'O'Five" parents might end up spending 10 years in prison for child abuse

Master Disaster

In case you missed the drama, DaddyOFive was a series of videos posted on YouTube by two parents who thought it would be a good idea to film themselves pranking their children, the problem is the things they did were just straight up horrible and caused uproar.

Well now it appears as though the courts aren't happy with the videos and are looking to prosecute the couple on child abuse charges.

The father and stepmother who pull dark pranks on their children on their controversial “DaddyOFive” channel face child neglect charges and up to ten years in prison, PEOPLE confirms.

On July 27, prosecutors in Frederick County, Maryland, charged Heather and Michael Martin each with two counts of neglect of a minor, court records obtained show. Prosecutors allege that the Martins neglected two of their youngest children, Emma, 12, and Cody, 9, between November 2016 and April 2017.

The Martins face up to five years in prison per count and a $5,000 fine.

The couple has reached a plea agreement with prosecutors, their attorney, Stephen Tully, told the Frederick News Post, but he wouldn’t comment further.

The Martins have a plea hearing scheduled for Sept. 11, court records state.

After the videos the couple lost custody of the youngest two kids to their biological mother after she applied to the courts for emergency custody citing the videos as proof.

In April, the couple lost custody of Emma and Cody, the two youngest of their five children, amid outrage from the public — as well as from Rose Hall, the children’s biological mother.

On April 28, Hall went before the Frederick County Circuit Court to obtain emergency custody of the children “so that they would be safe,” her attorney, Tim Conlon, says in a video he and Hall posted on YouTube on May 1.

In some of the videos the couple decided it would be a good idea to scream and swear at their 12 year old (Emma) and 9 year old (Cody) until they started crying

The charges stem from controversial videos the Ijamsville, Maryland, couple made showing them playing twisted pranks on their children that many viewers across the Internet decried as abusive.

In the videos, which have been taken off YouTube, Michael Martin, the children’s father, and Heather Martin, their stepmother, are apparently shown screaming and swearing at them until they cry.

The youngest child, Cody, was a frequent target of the pranks. In a video posted on April 12, Michael Martin screams at Cody for spilling ink, apparently making the boy cry. Later, Heather Martin reveals that she used invisible ink.

The courts are so upset they've issued the couple with a gag order preventing them from discussing the case or the children with the media

Conlon declined PEOPLE’s request for comment Monday, citing a May gag order preventing Hall, Martin or their attorneys from speaking to the media.

According to court records, the gag order stems from a protective order a judge issued in May prohibiting Martin from contacting the two children.

As it happens the 2 youngest children's biological mother was already fighting the father for custody anyway

Hall, who lives in North Carolina, told the Baltimore Sun that she hadn’t seen her daughter Emma since 2015 and her son Cody since 2014 because of a custody battle with Michael Martin, who is her ex-boyfriend.

The couple admit they made some bad choices but insist they are not bad people and were just trying to get views by shocking people

In April, the couple took to YouTube to apologize, claiming that the clips of them apparently berating the children are actually scripted.

Heather Martin told ABC News, “We love our kids. They’re the most important thing in the world to us. We made poor parenting choices by portraying ourselves this way. But we are not bad people.”

Saying he was ashamed, Michael Martin added, “This just — it started out as family fun. It started with me and my kids … They would get excited when they would get a lot of views. You know, it was more for shock value. We were going for shock value.”

http://people.com/crime/daddyofive-youtube-parents-face-10-years-charged-child-neglect/

Lock em up and throw away the key IMO. It might have been funny for them but the two kids who had no prior knowledge of what was going must have been terrified.

They might not be bad people but they obviously don't have the required skills to be looking after children. Screaming and swearing at a 9 year old child is not funny in any way, shape or form and I struggle to comprehend the mindset of anybody who thinks that will make people laugh.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

this is just straight up horrible, even if it was scripted, which i doubt. Id actiually want to hear what the kids feel about it but i doubt we will get that

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

IMO, they deserve this -_-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

7 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

How I loathe the "it's just a prank, bro" people and culture. Glad that some justice is being dealt, especially in this case.

Pretty much. Wether it was scripted or not, you don't scream at a 9 year old like they're an adult in boot camp. Even more recording it like an idiot.

Throw them in for life. The kids are probably screwed up forever. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

They deserve it. Hope they drop the soap. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

wow if they can face 10 years from that my parents would have gotten life from what they used to do /half joke

" 5 Years *slams gavel* , I'm Just kidding , It's just a prank bro , i meant 10 "

- Judge 

giphy.gif

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

Pretty much. Wether it was scripted or not, you don't scream at a 9 year old like they're an adult in boot camp. Even more recording it like an idiot.

There was also physical violence. He forced the kids to hit each other, and he shoved some of them. He also destroyed things in front of the kid to incite fear. Then yell at them for crying about it.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

30 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

" 5 Years *slams gavel* , I'm Just kidding , It's just a prank bro , i meant 10 "

- Judge 

giphy.gif

I remember this doing the rounds, still pretty sure its fake but if so its a good fake

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

What's worse is they have some very loyal fans. A lot are kids themselves and some deranged people I'm sure. That is frightening. 

13 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I remember this doing the rounds, still pretty sure its fake but if so its a good fake

kek, that's hilarious. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If these things were real (as in, the kids didn't know or understand what was going on), then lock 'em up and forget where the key is.  The things people will do just to get attention, never ceases to amaze me.  They wanted their 15 minutes of fame, now they'll have several years to decide if it was worth it.

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

So they played retarded pranks on their kids and they're paying the price with prison.

They can hold this L.

xe9NJ.png

I'm sure they will hold this instead: hqdefault.jpg

God, I can't bear to watch even one video.

Sick minded people will go any distance to get views for their youtube channels.

Aside from this not really being news about Tech... Yeah I'm glad these two are seeing jail time.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

can we give them more?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

32 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Always a good way to get on the moderator's good side.

Tells me enough about the user too... 

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

what if the mod was a good Christian conservative who doesn't want unwholesome posts

Then this forum will never exist in the first place.

Humans destroys itself through PR...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

732b0b61628088b3e0c41ad6fdbad98c04581515e682478399edc9b40adc271e.jpg.3505d334cc174686d86264153e09c9e0.jpg

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

9 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Then this forum will never exist in the first place.

why