Left web programming

BigCake

I have been learning HTML and CSS for about a month or two. I can make a static website. But I left it because of the following reasons:

1. University education, wont get time to freelance for web programming

2. I don`t see how it would widely help me in the future.

3. I will be generally coding for desktop and mobile application(iOS or Android)

Was it a good idea? I do have quite good concepts on HTML and CSS. About university, I go to Uni at 8 in morning(chose morning classes) and spend my time in uni until 4 PM or even 5PM. Totally no time for anything else except uni studies(Doing BS in CS).

On how 'It wont help me in the future' is because like previously said, will be generally programming desktop and mobile apps.  I dont know if it was a good choice or not. I really need a help on this. Should I continue learning it or focus on other languages?

Cheers, :3

I gave up on HTML/CSS Javascript Jquery etc etc as well, I did a full semester of programming college, I had C language and others too but the focus was Web as well.

I got into it because of my tech enthusiasm burst but as it went I started feeling that even though I love it as a hobby work with it wouldn't be as fun as I thought, the dead lines and well the whole concept of being alone working on small free time we have not even enjoying the PC master race any more... It really wasn't cheering me up.

I got a few free lances from people in my own class that had me do their exercises and paid alrightish but I felt like... damn so much work, ungrateful work for so little $.... at some point I end up being offered a job position on an export company since I'm also graduated as English/Portuguese/German official translator.

Started working with exportation and all end up liking it for a career much more aside the fact I started getting paid a lot more as well since there's little to no one in this business and programming has been over-saturated with tons of recent graduated people appearing.

Nowadays i am doing at college a quick 2 years graduation in Foreigner Commerce while I have been working real hard as an export manager at this company, my hours are great, my job is much funnier, and salary is much more attractive and I am not surrounded by "wanna be teenagers" any more hehe.

So to short it up, it probably depends on the individual's case, for me in particular giving up on web programming or programming as a whole was one of my best decisions, mixing hobbys with profession is not always a good thing.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

If you know HTML and CSS, learn Javascript and PHP and you can make a very decent website with it. If you've gone into trouble of learning HTML and CSS, you should learn JS and PHP. Besides, JavaScript and PHP are object oriented languages so if you learn them, learning another programming languages will come much easier.

Try, fail, learn, repeat...

Well the thing is you never programmed before, you coded somethings..

If you want to get into the more "exciting" side of making something actually do things for you and automate tasks.

Start with a backend language like indeed PHP, Python or something else.. (I said something else because i dont want a flame war of people telling me a other language is a better choice to start)

Just make something like a website that makes calculations or some sort of Blog with a database hanging behind it. Then see if you want to do actual web development or indeed OS / Mobile apps. But once you step into a backend language it shouldn't be so hard to make a beginner step into a other language. The first time always is kind of strange and maybe even hard.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

42 minutes ago, Cruorzy said:

Well the thing is you never programmed before, you coded somethings..

If you want to get into the more "exciting" side of making something actually do things for you and automate tasks.

Start with a backend language like indeed PHP, Python or something else.. (I said something else because i dont want a flame war of people telling me a other language is a better choice to start)

Just make something like a website that makes calculations or some sort of Blog with a database hanging behind it. Then see if you want to do actual web development or indeed OS / Mobile apps. But once you step into a backend language it shouldn't be so hard to make a beginner step into a other language. The first time always is kind of strange and maybe even hard.

Right now I am doing C++ then I think I will move on to Java or Python. Will keep your suggestion in mind.