How to set up multi monitors differently

FalkyraXD

So ive asked a couple times and had no real help. How do i set up my 3 gaming monitors at eye level in nvidia surround yet simultaneously have 2 work station monitors above them running out of surround so i can use them independently in extend mode?

No idea to be honest. Nvidia's multi-monitor support is about the most garbage thing I've ever seen from a company with that much money and market share.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Surely it has to work for some1 considering linus himself said how easy it is to set up and how many ppl on the tubes have working triple monitor gaming rigs

AMD Gfx card for the two work monitors, no reason it wouldn't work.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

AMD Gfx card for the two work monitors, no reason it wouldn't work.

Only have 1 PCIe port with my new gtx 1060 in it so that can't really happen + i dont want the 2 to be done in eyefinity or surround. Just normal, Extended, Windows multi monitor set up

12 hours ago, FalkyraXD said:

Only have 1 PCIe port with my new gtx 1060 in it so that can't really happen + i dont want the 2 to be done in eyefinity or surround. Just normal, Extended, Windows multi monitor set up

I think this is the important information here.

You want to drive 5 monitors off of 1 GTX 1060.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only drive 4 displays (in a 1-for-1 arrangement) from an Nvidia card.

We'll need to take advantage of Displayport's MST features then:

Are any of your monitors capable of Displayport daisy-chaining?

If not, you will need to purchase a Displayport MST hub. You can then run that hub off one DP, which leaves you the other two DP ports for your workstation screens.

I don't know if you can create a Surround configuration from monitors on a hub, but you've got a place to start.

24 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

I think this is the important information here.

You want to drive 5 monitors off of 1 GTX 1060.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can only drive 4 displays (in a 1-for-1 arrangement) from an Nvidia card.

We'll need to take advantage of Displayport's MST features then:

Are any of your monitors capable of Displayport daisy-chaining?

If not, you will need to purchase a Displayport MST hub. You can then run that hub off one DP, which leaves you the other two DP ports for your workstation screens.

I don't know if you can create a Surround configuration from monitors on a hub, but you've got a place to start.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.11/344.11-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf#page=10

Surround - NVIDIA Control Panel  Added support for up to 5 displays  Added support for G-SYNC displays

Don't know if you can set it up to only include 3 displays in surround and 2 not in surround. Previously they supported 3 in surround + 1 accessory display, I don't know what configurations are possible with 5 though.

In terms of number of ports though yes, unless the 1060 being used has 5 ports, you'll need to use DisplayPort daisy-chaining.

6 hours ago, Glenwing said:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/344.11/344.11-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf#page=10

Don't know if you can set it up to only include 3 displays in surround and 2 not in surround. Previously they supported 3 in surround + 1 accessory display, I don't know what configurations are possible with 5 though.

In terms of number of ports though yes, unless the 1060 being used has 5 ports, you'll need to use DisplayPort daisy-chaining.

Yeah it says 5 in alot of the driver updates, but I think they must be talking about 5 via some-form-of-MST.

I read a thread on r/Nvidia the other day from later 2016, stating that the GTX10XX and GTX9XX have 5 display outputs, but can only actually use 4 of them at any given time.

Reason being, an internal hardware limitation of the display outputs requires a clock generator on the card to sync up whatever you're connecting. And that these series of card only possessed 4 onboard clock generators. 

Like I said, I haven't dealt with this issue personally but here's the thread, just for bibliographical sake haha:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4ssj9u/multi_monitor_support_for_the_106010701080/

Further edit: 

Instead of trying to setup 3 monitors in Surround and the other two outside: why don't you just run the game as a borderless window and expand it across all three monitors? Worst case you might have to play around with some INI files to get the resolution just right.

Run them in surround, have the one additional and the last on the igpu. Though I assume the CPU won't have it if you're running a 1060. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Well yes i'll be running 1 if not 2 if its possible through the iGPU after activating it in bios so that's how i am going to have all of them plugged in without the hub needed.

Hopefully that borderless window idea works though as thats what i have to do already on my dual set up to even be able to access the other screen during a game as im not using surround yet so i would be having it in borderless no matter what unless it can't work that way

Lastly, if i have monitors check boxes unchecked in surround can i still make them active through windows display settings like normal?