Headphones with good mic

alinescoo

Hi,

I have been doing quite a bit of research for headphones, firstly looking at wireless ones. I looked at Logitech's G933 but from user reviews it seems that the mic is not really that good. Same goes for Logitech G533. I did not like how the mic sounded on Steelseries Arctis 7 either.

I use the headphones mainly for VOIP calls and listen to music, so not much gaming really but I like the convenience of wireless. Maybe I missed some model? The cheaper the better. 
I can go for USB wired models if there any that shine in mic area.

I'd like to hear your recommendations.

Regards

how big is your budget? if it is big enough you can get some decent heapphones and get a modmic.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

Sorry to say this, but many headsets have mics that are decidedly mediocre in performance.

The better option would be to opt for a standard pair of headphones (doesn't have to be fancy or anything like that) and a standalone mic, whether it's a small boom mic or a little lav mic.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

My budget would be around 150$

I'd like something that I could simply pickup and use. That is why a wireless headset seemed great. Even more, the USB dongle is easy to plug in as I have a close USB port.

3 hours ago, alinescoo said:

My budget would be around 150$

Sennheiser G4ME One

Sennheiser G4ME Zero

They may be slightly over $150, but should be a great choice at the price range.

Thank you for you help. I've bought a Logitech G533 as I've found it on a good deal. I'll see how that performs.

I use Razer Kraken Pro V2 (the 7.1 ones) and the microphone surprised me, it's good enough for a headset. You can try G4ME ZERO/ONE if you have the money though. My motherboard has ALC1220 audio chipset in case you ask.. Good luck! :)

Intel Core i7-7700K  |  ASUS Z270 TUF MARK I  |  Corsair H115i |  Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 Gb  |  EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3  |  Samsung 850 EVO  |  Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

Ah, well, I was about to say that the Sennheiser HD558 is on sale at Best Buy for 80 dollars... that + a ModMic 4 + a USB adapter puts you at 140, and about 145-150 after shipping. Would have beaten any Logitech solution :(

Next time we'll get ya :D

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Thank you all. I should receive G533 today and I'll see how it performs. If not, I can return it and try something else.