Why does my monitor do this?

Frankieanime158

This has been bothering me for a while now, was wondering if someone has any thoughts about it. You notice the sort of ring around Julia? It only seems to happen on blue hues, and some whites. It's like once it hits a specific blue, it just flattens out and the gradient stops and turns into a solid color. It's not just NCIX videos, so I know it's not specific to them, and I watched them on my S6 and this doesn't happen.. So yea. It's an HP LA2306, and I use a display port cable. It's done this on my my 960 when I had one, and my current RX480, so I know it's not GPU specific either.

Ideas? .-.

20993192_10154655066497413_312014243_o.jpg

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

@Frankieanime158, it looks like you are in YT's Cinema mode. Hit the tab on the left of the Full Screen icon on the bottom of the video.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

10 hours ago, Leonard said:

@Frankieanime158, it looks like you are in YT's Cinema mode. Hit the tab on the left of the Full Screen icon on the bottom of the video.

Read the post, it has nothing to do with the cinema mode. I'm talking about the gradient causing a ring in the blue hue around Julia

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

9 minutes ago, Frankieanime158 said:

Read the post, it has nothing to do with the cinema mode. I'm talking about the gradient causing a ring in the blue hue around Julia

I did read the post, that happens in Cinema mode, i don't know why, guessing windows scaling, but in normal mode and full screen you don't see it, it happens with blues and some black shades.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

I did read the post, that happens in Cinema mode, i don't know why, guessing windows scaling, but in normal mode and full screen you don't see it, it happens with blues and some black shades.

Not in my case. It happens in full screen as well, as well as all other video sources like VLC, media player, different browsers for YouTube, Netflix, etc.