Bose headphones? or nahh

Propphet

So i m thinking about some nice headphones on the top of the line (around 200 - 300 euro).

My eye fell on the Bose QC 35, they pass all my needs.

Wireless. 3.5mm Jack, Noice canceling, Strong build quality.

Only i also saw that other brands are starting to bring out noice canceling headphones.

Are they even compareble to bose qc 35 or is it a flop?

They are comparable, the bose is one of, if not the best, noise canceling headphones.

The only one that can realistically compete with it is the Sony MDR 1000X. Sony 

I've been wearing my bose qc for over a year now for mostly flying/driving/when i'm at work using tools and they're pretty damn good

but if you're going to use the 3.5mm jack buy extra cables , i've gone through like 3 cables already becuase i use them pretty hard

5 minutes ago, alexblair said:

They are comparable, the bose is one of, if not the best, noise canceling headphones.

The only one that can realistically compete with it is the Sony MDR 1000X. Sony 

Saw those on internet but no stores nearby that are giving them to listen

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

I've been wearing my bose qc for over a year now for mostly flying/driving/when i'm at work using tools and they're pretty damn good

but if you're going to use the 3.5mm jack buy extra cables , i've gone through like 3 cables already becuase i use them pretty hard

Do they auctually cancel noise out with havey work like drilling or using an bench saw? (i only tested them in store atm:( )

3.5mm cable will be used with laptop or pc only.

1 minute ago, Propphet said:

Do they auctually cancel noise out with havey work like drilling or using an bench saw?

They don't FULLY remove the high end sound , as with all noise cancelling headphones. But man is it so much better. I use a hand sander for a few hours on end and with the noise cancellation and a podcast playing it sounds more like someone is using tools in the next room over than directly in front of you. 

They are best with low end rumbling noise like when you fly or drive. but yeah they good for killing tools.

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

They don't FULLY remove the high end sound , as with all noise cancelling headphones. But man is it so much better. I use a hand sander for a few hours on end and with the noise cancellation and a podcast playing it sounds more like someone is using tools in the next room over than directly in front of you. 

They are best with low end rumbling noise like when you fly or drive. but yeah they good for killing tools.

Oh boy i cant wait til 24 when the student loan kicks in, hyped to not hear peeps in school, bus, train and on plains :D

Active noise cancellation is great when trying to block out constant drones like airplanes, air conditioners, power tools, etc. They don't do well against more unpredictable noises like music or loud people/animals.

If you're mostly after cancelling out constant low frequency noise, ANC is a great option. If your goal is to block out more annoying intermittent sounds, try something with good passive noise isolation like IEM's or DT770's. They're cheaper, sound better, and perform just as well (if not better) against these sorts of distractions. Either way you go, make sure you're not playing your music too loudly; it's tempting to keep turning up the volume until the annoyances aren't audible anymore.

Bose has great ANC, but I wouldn't call the build quality anything special (they're plastic and the cushy gel pads fail even faster than cheap Chinese pleather pads). If you're considering ANC also take a look at the Sony MDR1000X, which has less intuitive controls but more features, better build, and better audio quality.