[Updated] AoE4 and Anno 1800 were both announced around gamescom

Voigt

GameStar, the biggest German gaming magazine and corresponding website is delaying its delivery of the August issue until the 22nd.

This is because they want to include an exclusive titlestory to a new title, which will be announced on gamescom:

Original:

Die Ausgabe 09/2017 wird die Abonnenten erst am Dienstag, den 22. August erreichen. Grund für die Verspätung ist unsere weltexklusive Titelgeschichte über ein Spiel, das erst auf der Gamescom in Köln offiziell angekündigt wird.

Translation:

Issue 09/2017 will reach subscribers only on Tuesday, August 22nd. The reason for the delay is our world exclusive title story about a game, which is only officially announced at the Gamescom in Cologne.

Source: http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/in-eigener-sache-spaetere-auslieferung-des-gamestar-abos,3318515.html

Further information say it will be a Strategy Title (fitting for Germany), and since GameStar already cooperated with Microsoft for Halo Wars it is entirely possible that it could be Age of Empires 4, alongside the HD Remake of the first title.

Part of their Twitch Stream for Gamescom will include a timeslot for this title on August 23rd.

Original:

18:00 Uhr - Präsentation eines neuen Strategie-Blockbusters

Translation:

6PM CEST - Presentation of a new Strategy-Blockbuster

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/gamestarde (Description)

Beside Age of Empires 4, this could be also the next entry of the Anno or Settler Series. Both old German game series.

Update #1:

Sadly they game GameStar is covering isn't AoE4, but is still possible that it also gets released. They just released a rumour article about AoE4, collecting and displaying all hints and leads which would point to an AoE4 announcement. Such an article greatly hints that AoE isn't their cover story, because then they would know.

In the comment the CEO of GameStar (Rene Heuser) clarified it. When some people asked if AoE4 would be the secret coverstory, he said:

Original:

Nein ist sie nicht. Aber die Exklusiv-Story ist (vielleicht) sogar noch besser! Am Mittwoch können wir das Cover zeigen.

Translation:

No it is not. But the exclusive story is (perhaps) even better! On Wednesday we can show the (magazine) cover.

Source: http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/age-of-empires-4-wird-es-schon-auf-der-gamescom-angekuendigt,3318591.html

Update #2:

The Game of GameStar will be disclosed at 9:30 AM CEST, August 22nd, so tomorrow.

AoE4 also got announced at gamescom, developed by relic but with a trailer similar to Metroid from E3. It will be developed, but no information besides this.

More Information will come for AoE4 in the coming months.

We look forward to sharing with you more details in the months to come. For now, just know we are beyond excited to be working on the next entry into the legendary franchise.

Source: http://www.relic.com/#news/8349

Update #3:
Game was disclosed, will be Anno 1800

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/anno-1800-erstes-gameplay-im-exklusiven-preview-video,94082.html

When I read the title, I thought Blockbuster was making a come back with a new strategy.... 

Well, it remains to be seen if that game will actually be a "blockbuster" or a massive flop.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

if i is AoE4, i just hope it doesn't get dumbed down to the level of retardation of halo wars 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Might actually be something AoE or AoM related as there was a recent hype builder with the AoE remaster.

However Microsoft still closed ensemble so I seriously doubt anything they drop would be like AoE in feel, just like the remaster with its awkward graphics and complete change to artstyle. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I haven't played age of empires since I was in high school. I need to get back at it.

If it ends up being AoE 4, I hope it goes into early modern era (world wars) or later.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

If it's AoE4 I really hope they don't focus on making a competitive, short and stupid multiplayer game. Some of us classic RTS fans actually liked playing longer games, that's what annoyed me most about Starcraft 2 where short matches was the focus. I really liked that game and a lot of people appreciated  the shorter matches but I don't want every game to be like that.

Mind you I'm the type of person that puts a x25 slower research and civics mod on to Civilizations games so it takes a week to finish lol.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

If it's AoE4 I really hope they don't focus on making a competitive, short and stupid multiplayer game. Some of us classic RTS fans actually liked playing longer games, that's what annoyed me most about Starcraft 2 where short matches was the focus. I really liked that game and a lot of people appreciated  the shorter matches but I don't want every game to be like that.

Mind you I'm the type of person that puts a x25 slower research and civics mod on to Civilizations games so it takes a week to finish lol.

tfw every campaign mission, skirmish, LAN games with friends in AoE2, AoE3 and Dawn of War always lasted more than 1h30 for me. Best hours ever spent!

Except that one time we started a free for all death match in AoE2, started playing at around 4PM, was on the last 2 remaining players in the map, after begging my friend to stop his wonder construction and take it down in exchange off all of my resources, won the game at around 3AM

Never felt so happy to finish a game.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

tfw every campaign mission, skirmish, LAN games with friends in AoE2, AoE3 and Dawn of War always lasted more than 1h30 for me. Best hours ever spent!

Except that one time we started a free for all death match in AoE2, started playing at around 4PM, was on the last 2 remaining players in the map, after begging my friend to stop his wonder construction and take it down in exchange off all of my resources, won the game at around 3AM

Never felt so happy to finish a game.

Empire Earth was another great one to play, sure it was yet another AoE clone but it was the best one of them all. Also had a lot of fun playing Supreme Commander but the game engine really struggled late game being single threaded.

Just now, leadeater said:

Empire Earth was another great one to play, sure it was yet another AoE clone but it was the best one of them all.

had the 3, loved the concept that i could charge clubmen with modern day soldiers. Also my first rts game that allowed me to put soldiers stand guard inside walls, always loved it that for that small detail 

I doubt they'd launch aoe4 at the same time as an aoe1 remaster. We'll have to wait and see, it has a tall mountain to climb if it wants to get close to the level of aoe2

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It is AoE 4. AT E3 when they announced AoE Remastered they said right at the end of the conference that they had a big AoE announcment coming in August.

I posted about it at the time and speculated about AoE 4 but everyone said that wasn't going to happen and it was prolly just another remaster.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Updated the news with new information just now. Short: It isn't AoE4 but something else, what GameStar is covering. AoE4 still could be released alongside, let's just hope.

The term "blockbuster" makes me frown. Age of Empires series isn't a blockbuster. It's not a sparkly graphical effects call of duty xxx420xxx/dawn of war III type of game. That's why I liked the franchise so much. It's relatively simple, and doesn't attack your eyes, ears, or intelligence. I've been playing AoE2 since its launch to this very day.

11 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

if i is AoE4, i just hope it doesn't get dumbed down to the level of retardation of halo wars 

Halo wars is a total joke.

15 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Halo wars is a total joke.

i know, and after trying i don't understand how could anyone praise it other than for being the only RTS game on a console 

In before AoE 1942

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Voigt said:

Updated the news with new information just now. Short: It isn't AoE4 but something else, what GameStar is covering. AoE4 still could be released alongside, let's just hope.

If it includes the words "Sid Meier" or "Clausewitz Engine", they have my attention.

A Civ6 Addon would be possible, but I do not think likely. Victoria 3 / Rome 2 would be awesome, but even unlikelier, since GameStar isn't the biggest Fan of Paradox Games.  They create a review for Paradox Games, but nothing more.

On 19.8.2017 at 10:21 PM, gabrielcarvfer said:

AoE5, no? AoE4 was the AoE Online, the one that Microsoft killed, but got resurrected by fans with Project Celeste.

wtf you are right. How can these people defend this shit

I still remember playing on the map with forest all around the edges which funneled everyone to the center and using catapults to cut down the trees and launch sneak attacks in the first AoE.