GoPro hero 5 vs hero 5 session

What are the main diffrences in the hero 5 and the hero 5 session 

Do they use the same mounts?

Is it just a size thing or what. I know the hero 5 has a LCD screen.

How are the microphone?

Can they use external mics?

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

8 minutes ago, Clockwork_princess said:

What are the main diffrences in the hero 5 and the hero 5 session 

Do they use the same mounts?

Is it just a size thing or what. I know the hero 5 has a LCD screen.

How are the microphone?

Can they use external mics?

My last GoPro Hero is a Hero 3+ and I only own the Hero 5 Session.  All GoPro cameras should use the same type of mounting system using their various types of camera covers/holder frames.

Hero 5 Session:

• Can't change batteries though you can power it by USB power bank (I think, because I've never tried it yet).
  • No HDMI out, no mic jack.
  • Mainly is a matter of size and form factor, with some slight technical specification differences between Hero 5 and Hero 5 session.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

37 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

My last GoPro Hero is a Hero 3+ and I only own the Hero 5 Session.  All GoPro cameras should use the same type of mounting system using their various types of camera covers/holder frames.

Hero 5 Session:

• Can't change batteries though you can power it by USB power bank (I think, because I've never tried it yet).
  • No HDMI out, no mic jack.
  • Mainly is a matter of size and form factor, with some slight technical specification differences between Hero 5 and Hero 5 session.

How is the session in low light?

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Clockwork_princess said:

How is the session in low light?

I don't use GoPro for low light use.  But if you use them to film in 4K and scale the res to 1080p in post after filming in low light, the image may look acceptable.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

34 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

I don't use GoPro for low light use.  But if you use them to film in 4K and scale the res to 1080p in post after filming in low light, the image may look acceptable.

Do you use mic attachments?

At this point is seems better to get the 4 because of the hassle and the giant adaper to use mics for the 5.

Spoiler

It's all about usability.

Depending on how you're going to use the Go Pro depends on which one is better suited. If you're looking to use it as a point and shoot then get the Session, if you're looking to get a bit more out of it, get the regular. On the specs side they're virtually the same.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013