Best GPU for E5400, 4GB DDR3

Harel

I had this computer since 2009\2010 and I want to upgrade the GPU since it's running on graphics from the motherboard, it's mostly for my little brother to play minecraft servers and slime rancher...

which GPU would you recommend? the power supply is the one provided with case so I wont be able to get something with a power connection. (i'm a pc noob so probably got some stuff wrong here, but IDK)

I live out side of the US\CANADA\main land Europe, so prices will not be the same but I just want the GPU to cause the least bottleneck.

Upgrading to a new pc is not an option currently.

used 750ti, yes it will bottleneck but who cares? more powerful gpu that is bottlenecked > lower gpu that is not bottlenecked, the performance for now may be the same but later on when you upgrade the more powerful GPU will be .. more powerful as its not bottlenecked

for minecraft you should really look into a q6600 and overclock it.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

hi and welcome to the forum. A GT1030 would be more than enough. But I would get a GTX1050 (non ti) just to be sure. 

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

i'd take a 750 ti, 950 and maybe a 1050 - try to find a good deal on a used card and only buy new if you can't find any good used stuff

if you have a little more money, upgrade the cpu to a q6600 as well

I would say get the gtx 750 ti or gt 1030 if they're affordable, but also see if you can grab a more powerful cpu like a core 2 duo (e8400 or better) or core 2 quad (q6600 or better).

1 hour ago, Harel said:

I live out side of the US\CANADA\main land Europe, so prices will not be the same but I just want the GPU to cause the least bottleneck.

Upgrading to a new pc is not an option currently.

Feel free to tell us where you plan on buying your hardware.  Availability may be different too, so I could alter my suggestion knowing if you plan on using a different kind of online vendor.