Wierd inet cabel.

T0MMEN

thumb_tv_kabel_280_420.jpg Does anyone know what this cabel is called ?

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

1 minute ago, Jade said:

Coaxial.

I cant find that exact cabel, only the coax. Not with the small needle.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

1 minute ago, T0MMEN said:

thumb_tv_kabel_280_420.jpg Does anyone know what this cabel is called ?

It's a 75ohm coaxial cable with a male 'F-type' connector.

However, I don't see how it's 'weird'.  It's an exceptionally common cable format for RF signals, including the RF signals that cable internet travels on.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

The cabling itself, is typically RG-6.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RG-6

Thanks man, but i intend to use it for internett, not for TV.

Just now, T0MMEN said:

Thanks man, but i intend to use it for internett, not for TV.

I don't think that you understand.  Cable internet and Cable television are transmitted on the same cables. 

I don't think that you understand.  Cable internet and Cable television are transmitted on the same cables. 

You are right, i didnt understand. Now i do :)

At the same time even!

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Just now, brwainer said:

At the same time even!

Even funnier, 'Digital' cable television is kinda almost the same thing as cable internet.  It's basically a separate private WAN for IPTV, your cable TV box is just a DOCSIS modem with a TV decoder an the necessary hardware to communicate with the company's IPTV network.  It's not 'The Internet' but it is mostly the same core networking technology.

Ya know, unless you still get old school analog cable TV. :)

9 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Even funnier, 'Digital' cable television is kinda almost the same thing as cable internet.  It's basically a separate private WAN for IPTV, your cable TV box is just a DOCSIS modem with a TV decoder an the necessary hardware to communicate with the company's IPTV network.  It's not 'The Internet' but it is mostly the same core networking technology.

OOO! I just learned something

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

20 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

What do i search to find a modem that takes coax ?

1 minute ago, T0MMEN said:

You would be searching for 'cable internet modems'.

However these are usually provided by your cable internet service provider and even if you buy you're own, some providers restrict which modems can access their networks to very specific models.

You'd be best to contact your ISP for information here.

3 minutes ago, T0MMEN said:

Are you trying to bridge a connection between two points or add a new connection with an ISP?

ISP should provide the modem if it's the latter.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Are you trying to bridge a connection between two points or add a new connection with an ISP?

ISP should provide the modem if it's the latter.

I found the version my isp provides.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

While its true that some cable boxes are basically a modem and IPTV box combined, you can also have digital cable service that is encrypted QAM, similar but not the same as ATSC. 4 SD channels or 2 HD channels can be put onto a single 6MHz "analog" channel, and the encryption used is similar to that used by satellite receivers. You can also do the same thing without encryption, called "Clear QAM" - in the US, cable companies are required to carry the local broadcast channels in Clear QAM so you can hook up other TVs in the house and get the broadcast channels for free.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Just now, brwainer said:

While its true that some cable boxes are basically a modem and IPTV box combined, you can also have digital cable service that is encrypted QAM, similar but not the same as ATSC. 4 SD channels or 2 HD channels can be put onto a single 6MHz "analog" channel, and the encryption used is similar to that used by satellite receivers. You can also do the same thing without encryption, called "Clear QAM" - in the US, cable companies are required to carry the local broadcast channels in Clear QAM so you can hook up other TVs in the house and get the broadcast channels for free.

Oh that's interesting, I've never encountered that in my limited experiences here in Canada.

That said, I also dumped digital cable some time ago for just the internet.  The closest I get to 'Broadcast Television' these days is the ONE day a year I use an antenna to get the OTA broadcast of the Toronto Santa Clause Parade off the CN Tower. :P (The online stream is behind a paywall. =X )

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Oh that's interesting, I've never encountered that in my limited experiences here in Canada.

That said, I also dumped digital cable some time ago for just the internet.  The closest I get to 'Broadcast Television' these days is the ONE day a year I use an antenna to get the OTA broadcast of the Toronto Santa Clause Parade off the CN Tower. :P (The online stream is behind a paywall. =X )

3 minutes ago, brwainer said:

My English isnt that strong, and i have no idea what you guys are talking about :D