Bluetooth Speaker Recommendations?

FrostedWaffle

Hi! I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker. Now before you start yelling at me for wanting a bluetooth speaker, I need it for my car, which doesn't even have an AUX input for the sound system, and to lug around and annoy friends and strangers with. I am currently looking at these four:

Anker Soundcore 2 (currently $33.59 USD, normally $89.99 USD)

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundCore-Portable-Bluetooth-Resistance/dp/B01MTB55WH/

Meidong Chocolate Medium (Currently $34.99 USD, normally $69.99 USD)
Meidong 2110 (Currently $39.99 USD, normally $39.99 USD)

Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Plus (Currently $35.00 USD, normally $69.99 USD)

If anyone has had experience with any of these, your input would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any other recommendations that are in this price range I'd love to hear them! Thanks in advance!

@silentprototipe says: JBL FLIP!

he says its really good 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I like the ue roll 2 or flip, or something similar. One thing to think about is if it is front facing speaker, or omnidirectional. Like where are you putting it and is it only for you to hear? I use mine in the shower, itsa nice.

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Flip 3 or 4, The 3 is cheaper but the 4 has a noticeable improvement over the 3. Though looking at your budget take either the JBL Go or Clip 2 if you can find it on sale

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

On 8/18/2017 at 9:38 AM, FrostedWaffle said:

Hi! I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker. Now before you start yelling at me for wanting a bluetooth speaker, I need it for my car, which doesn't even have an AUX input for the sound system, and to lug around and annoy friends and strangers with. I am currently looking at these four:

--SNIP--

Having worked at a store that sold everything from BOSE to JBL to SONY to LOGITECH BT Speakers, in addition to the cheapskate 3rd party ones that are the same as the inexpensive brands you've linked above, I can fully confirm you don't want to waste money on off-brand BT Speakers for long-term enjoyment.

Personally, I own a BOSE SoundLink Mini, a Creative SB Roar 2, and a Logitech UE Wonderboom, and love each and every one of them for their realistic battery life and unmatched sound quality. Friends own a JBL Flipand JBL Charge, and they're great too, but lacking a little in clarity around the mids and vocals. Otherwise I'd still recommend them. I really miss the SRS-BTX300 from Sony, and their new BT speakers haven't impressed me much (Shania, pipe down over there) since they redesigned them a few years ago.

Then I have all my other friends who's spent the same amount of money or more on knock off 3rd party BT speakers from Amazon and eBay over the last 5 years. Literally, one friend has bought 3 of the same ~$60 speaker off Amazon.ca since 2013, and won't take my hint that maybe they should buy a decent one if they've had dead batteries in this one multiple times. (Not to mention it sounds like playing music through a pool hall.) However, I'd give the ANKER one you linked to a chance at least, since I do trust and recommend ANKER's other products due to their quality control standards.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 8/21/2017 at 0:46 AM, silentprototipe said:

Flip 3 or 4, The 3 is cheaper but the 4 has a noticeable improvement over the 3. Though looking at your budget take either the JBL Go or Clip 2 if you can find it on sale

What's the sound like on the Go and the Clip 2?

On 8/21/2017 at 10:05 PM, kirashi said:

Having worked at a store that sold everything from BOSE to JBL to SONY to LOGITECH BT Speakers, in addition to the cheapskate 3rd party ones that are the same as the inexpensive brands you've linked above, I can fully confirm you don't want to waste money on off-brand BT Speakers for long-term enjoyment.

Personally, I own a BOSE SoundLink Mini, a Creative SB Roar 2, and a Logitech UE Wonderboom, and love each and every one of them for their realistic battery life and unmatched sound quality. Friends own a JBL Flipand JBL Charge, and they're great too, but lacking a little in clarity around the mids and vocals. Otherwise I'd still recommend them. I really miss the SRS-BTX300 from Sony, and their new BT speakers haven't impressed me much (Shania, pipe down over there) since they redesigned them a few years ago.

Then I have all my other friends who's spent the same amount of money or more on knock off 3rd party BT speakers from Amazon and eBay over the last 5 years. Literally, one friend has bought 3 of the same ~$60 speaker off Amazon.ca since 2013, and won't take my hint that maybe they should buy a decent one if they've had dead batteries in this one multiple times. (Not to mention it sounds like playing music through a pool hall.) However, I'd give the ANKER one you linked to a chance at least, since I do trust and recommend ANKER's other products due to their quality control standards.

Would you say the Wonderboom is better than even the JBL ones in terms of sound quality? If that's the case I might get a Wonderboom. It's $100 on Amazon right now and I might be able to justify the purchase if it's that good. I'm particularly interested in the balance between highs, mids, and lows, as I listen to a pretty wide range of music so I need a speaker that will handle everything.

9 hours ago, FrostedWaffle said:

Would you say the Wonderboom is better than even the JBL ones in terms of sound quality? If that's the case I might get a Wonderboom. It's $100 on Amazon right now and I might be able to justify the purchase if it's that good. I'm particularly interested in the balance between highs, mids, and lows, as I listen to a pretty wide range of music so I need a speaker that will handle everything.

I haven't had a chance to heavily test any of the JBL speakers other than the Charge and Flip, and I'd say the Wonderboom is somewhere in between in terms of sound quality. I might be a little biased toward Logitech though, since I own more of their products than I have fingers and toes combined... but seriously speaking, I've seen Logitech's UE products take a beating and keep on playing music, much like their mice and keyboards I've dropped down concrete stairs before, so that's what I'd opt for myself.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 8/23/2017 at 8:40 PM, kirashi said:

I haven't had a chance to heavily test any of the JBL speakers other than the Charge and Flip, and I'd say the Wonderboom is somewhere in between in terms of sound quality. I might be a little biased toward Logitech though, since I own more of their products than I have fingers and toes combined... but seriously speaking, I've seen Logitech's UE products take a beating and keep on playing music, much like their mice and keyboards I've dropped down concrete stairs before, so that's what I'd opt for myself.

Well speaking of sound quality how would you say the sound balance is for the JBL speakers? Are the highs or lows overblown in either?

8 hours ago, FrostedWaffle said:

Well speaking of sound quality how would you say the sound balance is for the JBL speakers? Are the highs or lows overblown in either?

I would say the lows are decent up until about 60-70% volume, which is quite loud, and the highs are crisp even at higher volume levels. However, I really prefer clear pronounced midrange sounds and vocals/guitars, which is where BOSE speakers tend to beat out the competition. That being said, if your objective is to hold a house party with multiple speakers filling a large room or backyard, Logitech's UE Megaboom are hands down the ONLY option as they don't distort until you reach 90-95% of their max volume, and you can link multiple speakers together over Bluetooth, sort of like multi-room audio.

I've been using a UE boom mini for at least 5 years. 

And that little thing is built like a tank. 

So, I suggest you to look at UE roll 2 or better, UE wonderboom.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.