benq XL2411

bougarri

Hi guys i am going to buy a used benq 2411z and i have 3 questions:
1-is it the best monitor for csgo,cause ik it is old but i heard alot of pros are using it (is the 2430t better and why?)
2-what should i check for when testing the monitor since it is used (the seller told me it is 3months used but i think it is used for longuer then that)
3-i want to use displayport instead of dvi,and i know that the 2411 does t have displayport input so i need to buy dvi to dp converter which one do you recommend and does it even work 

1. technically not best (there is 240hz) but its pretty good, not bad at all, higher up in the monitor range

2. dead pixels, if all the connectors work, if 144hz feels nice and smooth, move the monitor around with its swivel/elevation thing

3. use dvi or hdmi on that monitor, avoid converters if you can 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

1. technically not best (there is 240hz) but its pretty good, not bad at all, higher up in the monitor range

2. dead pixels, if all the connectors work, if 144hz feels nice and smooth, move the monitor around with its swivel/elevation thing

Do not use HDMI on the XL2411Z. You will not get 144HZ over HDMI. The XL2411Z can only do 144HZ over DVI, despite having an HDMI1.4 port.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

thanks for the replay,the monitor only have div d port but i dont want to use it.i want to buy a long displayport cable and convert it to display port since my pc is in the other room as my monitor

Just now, Jade said:

Do not use HDMI on the XL2411Z. You will not get 144HZ over HDMI. The XL2411Z can only do 144HZ over DVI, despite having an HDMI1.4 port.

interesting. 

then just use DVI, if you cant then use a converter.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, Jade said:

can i use a dvi to diplayport converter? can you link one 

1 minute ago, bougarri said:

can i use a dvi to diplayport converter? can you link one 

You would have to use an active DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link adapter; they aren't cheap. I don't really see many decent alternatives to that one that have acceptable reviews.

1 hour ago, bougarri said:

1-is it the best monitor for csgo,cause ik it is old but i heard alot of pros are using it (is the 2430t better and why?)
2-what should i check for when testing the monitor since it is used (the seller told me it is 3months used but i think it is used for longuer then that)
3-i want to use displayport instead of dvi,and i know that the 2411 does t have displayport input so i need to buy dvi to dp converter which one do you recommend and does it even work 

It's not really the best, it's an old budget 144 Hz monitor. It's used a lot because BenQ sponsors eSports by providing monitors for them.

57 minutes ago, bougarri said:

thanks for the replay,the monitor only have div d port but i dont want to use it.i want to buy a long displayport cable and convert it to display port since my pc is in the other room as my monitor

There's no advantage to doing that, and DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapters cost $100, you may as well just get a different monitor.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:33 AM, bougarri said:

I have the XL2430T and can say that it's a great monitor. The OSD navigation is easy, and having DisplayPort just makes things easier. Just go for it.