GPU Fps Not Adding Up

Haeking

Ryzen 7 1700 OC (4.00ghz) + 32 GB Ram 2133 + Gtx 1080 Ti OC (2.00ghz)

My build when Im playing games is having a hard time and I dont understand, one moment I will be playing overwatch and it my frames use to be higher at around 240 fps and now has dropped to around 60 fps and is capping around that area and not budging to go any higher 

First troubleshooting step with fps issues is DDU in safe mode and reinstall drivers fresh new.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Haeking said:

Ryzen 7 1700 OC (4.00ghz) + 32 GB Ram 2133 + Gtx 1080 Ti OC (2.00ghz)

My build when Im playing games is having a hard time and I dont understand, one moment I will be playing overwatch and it my frames use to be higher at around 240 fps and now has dropped to around 60 fps and is capping around that area and not budging to go any higher 

Have you disabled vsync and the framecap?

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

First troubleshooting step with fps issues is DDU in safe mode and reinstall drivers fresh new.

I had a feeling it kept going into safe mode, since when I was using EVGA XOC it would go from my overclock to below the what it was originally to a 605/505 ratio 

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Have you disabled vsync and the framecap?

Always, vsync has never been on any game of mine nor a frame capping 

Just now, Haeking said:

Always, vsync has never been on any game of mine nor a frame capping 

Yes, but have you checked if they're disabled or not was the question. Overwatch also capped me at 60 when I didn't select 144hz in the dropdown resolution.

Alternatively, recording software can cap the fps. Rivatuner server aswell. Make sure none of them are running. Including WinDVR or some shitty nvidia overlay.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

Yes, but have you checked if they're disabled or not was the question. Overwatch also capped me at 60 when I didn't select 144hz in the dropdown resolution.

Alternatively, recording software can cap the fps. Rivatuner server aswell. Make sure none of them are running. Including WinDVR or some shitty nvidia overlay.

I can check once more when I can, but I but the drop down to 240hz and 1080 x 1920 so I wouldnt know. I'll disable all of the other things that you also mentioned and see where it takes me.

im certain this is an issue with overwatch, i spike from like 180 to 70 at random times 

Just now, ImNotThere said:

im certain this is an issue with overwatch, i spike from like 180 to 70 at random times 

Think its since the game might not be optimized for ryzen yet, and it wont be for a while to use those extra cores. My cpu usage is under 50% to be exact its not even raching 30% with spotify and discord open in the back 

Just now, Haeking said:

Think its since the game might not be optimized for ryzen yet, and it wont be for a while to use those extra cores. My cpu usage is under 50% to be exact its not even raching 30% with spotify and discord open in the back 

this, i have a 1600 i never had the issue with my 4690k :P

this, i have a 1600 i never had the issue with my 4690k :P

Im thinking blizzard is more of a less core higher single thread, not going to optimize this game for like another 6 months after everything is ready type of deal. So feelsbadman for ryzen and poor game optimization ;-; 

2 minutes ago, Haeking said:

Im thinking blizzard is more of a less core higher single thread, not going to optimize this game for like another 6 months after everything is ready type of deal. So feelsbadman for ryzen and poor game optimization ;-; 

its the stuttering, whats your gpu again?

its the stuttering, whats your gpu again?

EVGA 1080 Ti FTW 3

1 minute ago, Haeking said:

EVGA 1080 Ti FTW 3

no reason for stuttering other than ryzen support :P

no reason for stuttering other than ryzen support :P

Just gotta uninstall those drivers, reinstall them, and see where it takes me from there