House plumbing to pc?!!!

So I'm interested in liquid cooling my pc. When I originally built it I put a 100vi? Corsair cpu cooler. It works well but I was thinking I wanted to liquid cool my gpu and try building my own loop.

So I had some shower thoughts, could you build a loop using your house plumbing? Since water from the street is cooler and it wouldn't be a closed loop(unless you wanted it to be). Now I understand that you would have to rework plumbing, but my office is right beside my wash room. So id only have to rip up like 1 sheet of dry wall so 4x8' total. Plus the bathroom needs some work anyways. Has this been done before? Let me know your thoughts.

that is such a terrible idea

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

The water would be completely wasted when it leaves the system into the drain. That's a dumb idea. You'd pay for so much water that way. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Tech Talk-Real Talk said:

This sounds like something Linus would make a video about....

He did do the whole room water cooling which pretty much didn't work that well. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

I mean... you could wireplumb it in before the bathroom sinker something I guess.... but unless you just left the sink running constantly you would have zero flow rate. 

Rather wasteful even leaving aside the ridiculous risk level for the system.

Maintenance would be a pain also with a cooling system like this.

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

17 minutes ago, Violentsquirt said:

So I'm interested in liquid cooling my pc. When I originally built it I put a 100vi? Corsair cpu cooler. It works well but I was thinking I wanted to liquid cool my gpu and try building my own loop.

So I had some shower thoughts, could you build a loop using your house plumbing? Since water from the street is cooler and it wouldn't be a closed loop(unless you wanted it to be). Now I understand that you would have to rework plumbing, but my office is right beside my wash room. So id only have to rip up like 1 sheet of dry wall so 4x8' total. Plus the bathroom needs some work anyways. Has this been done before? Let me know your thoughts.

The water from the tap still has contaminates such as minerals and bacteria that can affect the loop. It's not recommended to run straight tap water and it would use a lot of water since it would need to be on the whole time the system is on. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

The water from the tap still has contaminates such as minerals and bacteria that can affect the loop. It's not recommended to run straight tap water and it would use a lot of water since it would need to be on the whole time the system is on. 

To be fair, I did at one stage contemplate doing a similar thing however we were on tank water in a new house which was heavily filtered and in theory, I could make it its own closed loop by dumping it back into the tank. 

Just now, Windspeed36 said:

To be fair, I did at one stage contemplate doing a similar thing however we were on tank water in a new house which was heavily filtered and in theory, I could make it its own closed loop by dumping it back into the tank. 

Whole room watercooling Again! :D 

Probably possible if it was very well kept wouldn't want stuff getting back into the house water that you drink. 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Probably possible if it was very well kept wouldn't want stuff getting back into the house water that you drink. 

That was my main concern: the minerals in the return

9 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Jesus H. and is this the same tank water you and your Family would be showering, cooking and drinking from????

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

9 hours ago, Violentsquirt said:

How do you plan to deal with the condensation on and around your waterblocks? Now you can do something very similar to this idea but with a the radiators hanging outside your house, in a cool place of course but there would still be condensation if your outside ambient is way lower than your inside ambient.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

The first thing that comes to my mind is... waste of money. Water needs to be flowing constantly, so it would go to drain whole day.

I know a guy who accidentaly left micro-drip-system working in his garden for two weeks (while he was on vacation)

The bill for water usage was like 2000 PLN for this month (for comparison "normal" bill looks like 30 PLN per month)

And this micro drip system works like - slowly dripping drops of water to the ground through tiny holes to water the plants.

And You are talking about constant drain of huge anmount of water. Well say goodbye to Your precious $$ :D

Threadwide TLDR: No don't do it

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

It would work, but would waste a LOT of water for a couple of degrees lower temps. Also, any particles in the water can clog the waterblocks over time. If you choose to do this, you should install a filter to catch particles.

12 hours ago, Leonard said:

Jesus H. and is this the same tank water you and your Family would be showering, cooking and drinking from????

Not necessarily - we had like 9 tanks. Didn't end up doing it though