GTX 1080 or GTX 1070

Mr_Pepsi

i am looking at two card. they basically cost the same so it is purely a preformance question.

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC

the 1080 has more cuda cores (right? it doesen't say how many on the site) but slightly lower clockspeed. i am not too good with this stuff as i never bother trying to properly learn and keep up with these things. if im completly off dont ve afraid to say.

If they cost the same, get the 1080. It performs better ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

19 minutes ago, Mr_Pepsi said:

i am looking at two card. they basically cost the same so it is purely a preformance question.

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC

the 1080 has more cuda cores (right? it doesen't say how many on the site) but slightly lower clockspeed. i am not too good with this stuff as i never bother trying to properly learn and keep up with these things. if im completly off dont ve afraid to say.

Where do you get them for the same. Interested for myself.

Just now, TheEpicDuck said:

from a scandinacian site komplett

Just now, TheEpicDuck said:

Me too, how are you getting a 1080 for the price of a 1070?

Hands down, Get the 1080.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

1 minute ago, Mr_Pepsi said:

from a scandinacian site komplett

Fy flate takk :DDD

Get the GTX 1080, no questions asked. The 1080 performs about 20% better over the 1070. If you want to do some light gaming in 4k, the 1080 is the way to go.

As a side note for North American Users, Look at Newegg!

Cheapest prices:

GTX 1070: $490

GTX 1080: $510

Pretty crazy, maybe Miners are picking up the 1070s instead of RX Vega now.

I bought my 1070 on launch day for $450 :)  seems weird prices are still so high.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.