Realtek detects headphones when there are none plugged in

Gameking002

i just came back to my pc after it has been in sleep this afternoon. i dont know how long this issue already exists because this morning i have only used headphones and when i put my pc to sleep i took my headphones out. but basically the issue is that my realtek audio driver detects a headphone plugged in and therefore sends the audio signal to my front audio jack, if i plug in my headphones i can hear the sound but when i take them out again, i do not hear the sound through my speakers, nor do i get a message of my driver notifying me a device was unplugged. which i do get if i plug/unplug my microphone from the front jack. i have already tried reinstalling the driver which unfortunately didnt help resolve the issue. so does anybody know how to fix this???

any help will be much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Gameking002 said:

i just came back to my pc after it has been in sleep this afternoon. i dont know how long this issue already exists because this morning i have only used headphones and when i put my pc to sleep i took my headphones out. but basically the issue is that my realtek audio driver detects a headphone plugged in and therefore sends the audio signal to my front audio jack, if i plug in my headphones i can hear the sound but when i take them out again, i do not hear the sound through my speakers, nor do i get a message of my driver notifying me a device was unplugged. which i do get if i plug/unplug my microphone from the front jack. i have already tried reinstalling the driver which unfortunately didnt help resolve the issue. so does anybody know how to fix this???

any help will be much appreciated.

Possibly the signal wire is constantly being turned on by a short. What OS do you run, if it's windows you can click on the volume icon in the bottom left and then click the arrow in the top left and change the output device.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

i use windows

and yes, i can choose between 2:

realtek digital output (realtek high definition audio)

speakers (realtek high definition audio) [the selected one]

though i have found a way to get around the issue in a way, i would like it to be resolved still, i can select the front and rear audio to be separated. but that will mean having to separately mute my rear audio each time i plug in a headphone. and if i forget, the rear speakers will still be playing sound just as my headphones...

i mean, if there is no other solution, i will have to do it like that. but if it can be fixed to the way it was, i'd rather have it the way it was

EDIT: Nevermind, it only plays the check sound in the realtek audio manager, when testing if i hear music on youtube there is still nothing to be heard

i just unplugged the whole front audio connector from my MOBO and found that it didnt report my headphones being plugged in anymore. yet when i plugged it back in, it did report my headphones being plugged in again. even though all the time they were unplugged. anyways i think it is a hardware short-circuit that is causing this. so i will see if i can get a replacement for the front audio connectors... or potentially even repair it

On 8/17/2017 at 6:34 PM, RGProductions said:

Possibly the signal wire is constantly being turned on by a short. What OS do you run, if it's windows you can click on the volume icon in the bottom left and then click the arrow in the top left and change the output device.

and actually, coming back on this, i dont see how this will affect anything, because it is both channeled through realtek audio. so it doesnt matter which one is chosen. output stays the same

• 2 weeks later...

installed replacement front audio board and everything works now. yay, i can finally listen to my speakers again :)