R7 1800x and MSI X370 (with some Corsair h100i)

First off I'm in my phone so I apologise, but I just got my 1800x and MSI X370 Mobo installed to my case and naturally , something is wrong. 

No post or bios! 

Push the power button, CPU error led on the board comes on (RAM light too but for a known reason) re installing the CPU and powering on same lights. 

The other issue is Corsair has some bad instructions for the H100i and with powering on my system no pump and no rad fans, I assume I need the Data cable plugged in to, but with my Corsair CX750 I'm not getting a cable where I need it anytime soon

PS the known ram issue is I don't have any installed yet.

PPS, I may have made a mistake when first installing the CPU by not lifting the Bar first and did that with the CPU in it's correct spot, no damage to the CPU seen. 

Please help.

7 minutes ago, Entonite said:

PS the known ram issue is I don't have any installed yet.

well duhh...your system won't do anything without ram installed...wtf.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

well duhh...your system won't do anything without ram installed...wtf.

I was told my multiple sources that I could at least get into bios without it. But that's not the main issue

Just now, Entonite said:

I was told my multiple sources that I could at least get into bios without it. But that's not the main issue

no, you need RAM

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no, you need RAM

Possible this fixes the CPU detection? 

Just now, Entonite said:

Possible this fixes the CPU detection? 

yes of course it will fix everything...

yes of course it will fix everything...

Okay then I'm naive as hell then . Also the H100i not spinning or pumping, I assume I need the sata power to that as well as the Mobo header ?

1 minute ago, Entonite said:

Okay then I'm naive as hell then . Also the H100i not spinning or pumping, I assume I need the sata power to that as well as the Mobo header ?

your motherboard is probably not even powering up properly without RAM installed...you need 3 things to get a boot, a post, or a whatever anything you need CPU, RAM and motherboard...otherwise you do not have a system and nothing will work.

your motherboard is probably not even powering up properly without RAM installed...you need 3 things to get a boot, a post, or a whatever anything you need CPU, RAM and motherboard...otherwise you do not have a system and nothing will work.

I ask because my 1080 lights up and spins and the 2 case fans wind up. And I can hear my hard drives spin up. So ?

look man, what you have to do now is to install RAM to get a working system, and THEN if you have issues with stuff nbot being detected or not working properly at least you'll have a post, you'll be able to acess the BIOS etc. i'm sure it's all fine, and i'm also sure that if i take my ram out of my system, lots of stuff will not work properly.

MSI is not Asus, you can't power on the system without RAM

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

First thing the Ryzen chipset does is check RAM.  No way to get around this.

14 hours ago, Entonite said:

Basic connections for the H100i are the SATA to the PSU, 3pin single wire connector to your CPU_FAN header on the motherboard, and finally connect the fans to the included Y-cable.  The USB Link cable is optional and is only for communication with the Corsair Link software.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

You need ram lol. Nothing will happen without it. When a system boots everything that is going to be used and is being used goes into ram.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

RAM is in, H100i spins and I assume pumps, everything lights up, but no output from my 1080, monitors stay black. The Mobo throws the CPU LED up for a bit but that goes away. 

Thoughts ?

Just now, Entonite said:

RAM is in, H100i spins and I assume pumps, everything lights up, but no output from my 1080, monitors stay black. The Mobo throws the CPU LED up for a bit but that goes away. 

Thoughts ?

Check input on your monitor

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

11 minutes ago, dave_k said:

Check input on your monitor

Long boot sequence I guess, but now I got into bios and tried to tell the system what clock speed my.memory is at. (2666) 2667 popped up so I picked that. Now my Memory LED is back on and idk how to flash the bios for a reset to get back to the bios 

Alright it's all fixed. Just gunna reinstall windows through the reset function to have everything reset properly and have everything installed for Ryzen and not a 8350 black. Of the tests I did (only 3) Doom 2016 locked up after a little bit. Fallout 4 crashed after loading a save, and battlefield 1 had some Direct X issue complaint about a 2gb card. Funny as my 1080 has 8 gigs on it. But it works! Just has an insanely long boot time 

Alright new problem, after resetting my PC through the windows software that I have done countless times, suddenly I don't have an OS, and on certain boots at random, I don't have hard drives seen in the bios. 

Ideas? Other then go make a bootdrive from a flash drive 

14 minutes ago, Entonite said:

Alright new problem, after resetting my PC through the windows software that I have done countless times, suddenly I don't have an OS, and on certain boots at random, I don't have hard drives seen in the bios. 

Ideas? Other then go make a bootdrive from a flash drive 

Also willing to bet my Corsair H100i is pulling to much power from the entire sata cable itself and causing issues