Y-Cable for FC and Data transmition

NotSoEzAsIXpecteD
Go to solution Solved by Sniperfox47,
8 minutes ago, NotSoEzAsIXpecteD said:

Hi!

Are such cables available? 

Micro USB (or Type-C) to USB-A (Data->PC) and USB-A (Fast Charging->Charger)

If no, will do one myself and post some pictures. ;)

No. All fast charge methods require signalling on the data lines (apple 2.4A, Qualcomm Quick Charge, and all the Quick Charge derivatives like Adaptive charge) or the CC lines of a Type-C cable (USB PD).

USB Battery charging straight up doesn't work while transferring data.

For Micro USB the only options you'll have for charging are USB 3.0 at 900mA or USB 2.0 at 500mA for a normal device, which your computer will provide anyways, defeating the point of your Y-cable. If you're dead set on charging off the charger rather than the laptop you can just get a normal Y-cable like this and remove the power lines from the data plug: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB2HAUBY1-Cable-External-Drive/dp/B0047AALW6

For USB-C you could get 3A charging working with a custom Y-cable and resistor shorting ground, but afaik none are available on the market and it would be kinda sketchy to do, potentially damaging chargers that can't provide 3A.

Hi!

8 minutes ago, NotSoEzAsIXpecteD said:

Hi!

No. All fast charge methods require signalling on the data lines (apple 2.4A, Qualcomm Quick Charge, and all the Quick Charge derivatives like Adaptive charge) or the CC lines of a Type-C cable (USB PD).

USB Battery charging straight up doesn't work while transferring data.

For Micro USB the only options you'll have for charging are USB 3.0 at 900mA or USB 2.0 at 500mA for a normal device, which your computer will provide anyways, defeating the point of your Y-cable. If you're dead set on charging off the charger rather than the laptop you can just get a normal Y-cable like this and remove the power lines from the data plug: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-USB2HAUBY1-Cable-External-Drive/dp/B0047AALW6

For USB-C you could get 3A charging working with a custom Y-cable and resistor shorting ground, but afaik none are available on the market and it would be kinda sketchy to do, potentially damaging chargers that can't provide 3A.

24 minutes ago, NotSoEzAsIXpecteD said:

Hi!

from microusb to usb-a? there are cables that have an added usb-a for added power.. fast charging depends on the charger, not the cable..

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, Sniperfox47 said:

-snip-

beat me to it with a much better reply ;)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU