Spotify and Squarespace are cracking down on alleged "hate groups" and "hate bands"

25 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I can't do that anymore. I'm on my phone and I'm about to sleep and I'm away from my computer. Maybe mods can do it. 

how hard is it, to just click that "remove formatting" prompt during posting?

Iv'e made probably 80% of my posts in the past year or two on a Tablet or phone and its EASY and BASIC. Nothing intricated or difficult. 

/endrant

49 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Nor are the black rappers that call for "shooting dem hoes" or "killin dat nigga" either.... You can say whatever revolting or violent thing you want, aslong as you dont vote Republican or support Trump.

DBL STNDRDZ 4 LYFE YO!

I'll never understand how you can think that you're fighting fascism by becoming fascist.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

7 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

DBL STNDRDZ 4 LYFE YO!

I'll never understand how you can think that you're fighting fascism by becoming fascist.

Spotify and Squarespace are just pieces in the puzzle....

The tech companies chill and choke our discussions online (Google has started to BLOCK DNS services to some "rightwing" websites. In reality, it was a rightwing media outlet)

For those wondering HOW bad it is... read this

7 hours ago, Notional said:

This is a blatant attack on free speech. People don't seem to realize such a thing isn't a given, and all rights can be removed if they don't stand up for them. This is sickening.

We should  not tolerate the completely intolerant.  And that should apply to any group. 

We are all free to speak, but that doesnt mean we speak without consequence. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

10 minutes ago, Prysin said:

The tech companies chill and choke our discussions online (Google has started to BLOCK DNS services to some "rightwing" websites. In reality, it was a rightwing media outlet)

You don't have to tell me, I've been in page long battles with so called "news" sites for removing perfectly civilized comments for no reason, particularly Engadget. They blatantly remove/disable the comments sections when the comments overwhelmingly oppose the strong left views presented by the articles. On top of that I've had the staff publicly lie to my face in response to me calling them out.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

40 minutes ago, Prysin said:

To find out HOW BAD it is please read these extremely right wing bias websites, with high quality brightbart writers, and a very poor history with any sort of facts, publishing at times purely fake and made up stories, and at other times only extremely misleading ones.

Also the moon landing was a fake, Obama did 9/11, and pizzagate is real.

This isnt /r/T_D lets go ahead and keep on the topic of technology from reputable sources.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

2 hours ago, hobobobo said:

The only thing i fail to understand is when did companies become people? People talk about bill of rights being apllicable to companies and it baffles me. My understanding have always been that individuals have all those freedoms and companies had none, outside of their registered activities. Its just retarded that a literal authoritatian social structure can be considered an individual. Or is this the fabled citizens united thingy? Coz if it is, its kinda astonishing how fast people came to accept such a ridiculous concept

What is a corporation but a group of individuals?  Why shouldn't it have protections under the law?

Discrimination is only blocked against certain classes, of which political stance is not of those protected classes in the US. You're free to deny business to anyone as long as it's not due to being a member of a protected class.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 hour ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

You don't have to tell me, I've been in page long battles with so called "news" sites for removing perfectly civilized comments for no reason, particularly Engadget. They blatantly remove/disable the comments sections when the comments overwhelmingly oppose the strong left views presented by the articles. On top of that I've had the staff publicly lie to my face in response to me calling them out.

Actually, from what I've seen, Engadget disables the comments when they know it's going to be a shitshow.  The racists and sexists come out in full force whenever someone doesn't rubber stamp their views.

55 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

What is a corporation but a group of individuals?  Why shouldn't it have protections under the law?

And they have that protection as individuals. Why a group of people, which is a self-governing self-regulated body with a single decision-making center, should enjoy same if not more rights and freedoms then an individual? Its not like they are equal share partnerships with democratic desion making or even something resembling an individual. Why are the legal entities given the rights of the individuals of which they are composed? Its not like individuals loose their rights after entering the company, so why the equation of freedoms of indivduals and freedom of enterprise? Private enterprises are not that different from goverments, they are just more honest in having their goal of the bottom line

Then again, there probably should be a distinction between small businesses and corporations in this case, but the point remains kinda the same

8 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Actually, from what I've seen, Engadget disables the comments when they know it's going to be a shitshow.  The racists and sexists come out in full force whenever someone doesn't rubber stamp their views.

Not according to their staff. According to them they have only disabled comments after physical violence was threatened upon the author of the article within the comments section.

I used to visit engadget regulary during work for years and I can easily say I've never once seen a truly racist/sexist comment that crosses the line. Yes, I've seen racist/sexist opinions but nothing deserving of the censorship.

56 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

What is a man but a miserable secrets?

1 hour ago, Brainless906 said:

To find out HOW BAD it is please read these extremely right wing bias websites, with high quality brightbart writers, and a very poor history with any sort of facts, publishing at times purely fake and made up stories, and at other times only extremely misleading ones.

This isnt /r/T_D lets go ahead and keep on the topic of technology from reputable sources.

Lets play "spot the lefty"

2 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

We should  not tolerate the completely intolerant.  And that should apply to any group. 

The problem is, who are "completely intolerant"?

Are you completely intolerant of those you deem completely intolerant? Does that mean people should not have to tolerate you?

See what a logical clusterfuck it becomes when you try and fight bigotry with even more bigotry?

1 hour ago, Brainless906 said:

Just because a website leans one way or another does not mean they can't post the truth.

Antifa has posted on their own Facebook page confirming that it did in fact happen. The way they try and justify it is horrible too. One of their arguments was that he was a white man, and therefore they felt threatened. Replace the word "white" with "black" and you will understand what a horrible thing that is to say.

Saying that you should not post or trust news because of the outlets' political agenda is basically saying "you should never trust anything which does not align with my views".

It's very easy to deem something biased and then ignore it, but it's not healthy. It just creates an echo chamber where your own beliefs are constantly confirmed, and any opposing view which might change your mind is ridiculed and silenced.

Let's be real here, Antifa is a radical group who encourages violence. They are as extreme and dangerous as the people they claim they fight.

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Discrimination is only blocked against certain classes, of which political stance is not of those protected classes in the US. You're free to deny business to anyone as long as it's not due to being a member of a protected class.

That's kind of fucked up too.

The idea that there are "protected classes" goes against the entire concept of equality.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Are you completely intolerant of those you deem completely intolerant? Does that mean people should not have to tolerate you?

See what a logical clusterfuck it becomes when you try and fight bigotry with even more bigotry?

Just because a website leans one way or another does not mean they can't post the truth.

Antifa has posted on their own Facebook page confirming that it did in fact happen (and the way they try and justify it is horrible).

Saying that you should not post or trust news because of the outlets' political agenda is basically saying "you should never trust anything which does not align with my views".

It's very easy to deem something biased and then ignore it, but it's not healthy. It just creates an echo chamber where your own beliefs are constantly confirmed, and any opposing view which might change your mind is ridiculed and silenced.

Let's be real here, Antifa is a radical group who encourages violence. They are as extreme and dangerous as the people they claim they fight.

The idea that there are "protected classes" goes against the entire concept of equality.

As much as I agree with an echo chamber to be bad i'm not about to start consuming any information coming from a "news site" that put literal conspiracy theories next to something that can potentially be real news. If he (or anyone) wants to prove a decent point thats fine, but bring a backable reasonable source. Its called credibility and those sites have none.

And the protected classes are no where near perfect and as far as extremely flawed but the more fucked up part is if they didnt exist things like "no blacks, gays, trans, ect ect" business would exist. Anyone saying they wouldnt can easily be disproven by the fact that neo-nazi and white power groups still exists openly in the US today.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Antifa has posted on their own Facebook page confirming that it did in fact happen. The way they try and justify it is horrible too. One of their arguments was that he was a white man, and therefore they felt threatened. Replace the word "white" with "black" and you will understand what a horrible thing that is to say.

For a list of classes recognized by US law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_class

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

4 minutes ago, Brainless906 said:

As much as I agree with an echo chamber to be bad i'm not about to start consuming any information coming from a "news site" that put literal conspiracy theories next to something that can potentially be real news. If he (or anyone) wants to prove a decent point thats fine, but bring a backable reasonable source. Its called credibility and those sites have none.

So would you say Antifa's own facebook page is a credible source? Because that's the "news site's" source, and it confirms the story.

Again, just because a website is biased and posts a bunch of crap does not mean they are automatically wrong and can be discarded. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

For a list of classes recognized by US law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_class

Yeah, that's fucked up and spits in the face of what it is actually supposed to accomplish.

Just now, LAwLz said:

So would you say Antifa's own facebook page is a credible source? Because that's the "news site's" source, and it confirms the story.

Again, just because a website is biased and posts a bunch of crap does not mean they are automatically wrong and can be discarded. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Yeah, that's fucked up and spits in the face of what it is actually supposed to accomplish.

I've not browsed the Antifas facebook page so i dont know enough to say in that case, if they post blatantly false information and present it as completely real no. If they post extremely bias information, but its at least true i'll at least respect it as a reputable source just note that its extremly bias. Which i'm sure it is. All i'm saying is if you try to prove your point with a website that also posts conspiracy theories as fact then i'm not taking you seriously. I'm not sure how thats hard to understand.

2 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

"I can't handle someone having an idea so I'm going to club them in the head because they don't know how to be tolerant. That'll teach em!"

You know the your own logic applies to yourself, right? Or are you in the clear because you think you think you're tolerant through your intolerance.

Practice what was preached and understand what it means to be American with an economy of ALL ideas.

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"I can't handle someone having an idea so I'm going to club them in the head because they don't know how to be tolerant. That'll teach em!"

You know the your own logic applies to yourself, right? Or are you in the clear because you think you think you're tolerant through your intolerance.

Practice what was preached and understand what it means to be American with an economy of ALL ideas.

1) he never excluded himself

2) You have your rights as long as your application of those rights are not infringing on others rights

3) surprisingly enough neo-nazis, nazis, and white supremacy groups are actually not very good at doing their thing without infringing or trying to push the infringements of others freedoms.
4) this entire post is simply about a company distancing itself from perceived "extremist groups" not clubbing them in the head.

5) this topic has really struggled to stay anywhere close to tech and i'm suprised its still unlocked.

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It kind of ended up that way due to discriminatory practices such as Jim Crow laws in the south and exploitation of the disabled, etc. Congress had to specifically address the issues that some states were creating since anything not explicitly regulated by the Federal government is designated to the States. It's an interesting subject to say the least thanks in part to the history that led to it.

10 hours ago, Mihle said:

I personally think the line of allowing or not allowing a site to exist should be if it encourages people to do something criminal or not.

Thats probably the most clearly line you could do.

(For example encourages to killing someone, or beating up someone, raping someone)

but where is the border, who gets to decide that?for some people its offensive and threatening when they hear basic truth and facts

28 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

but where is the border, who gets to decide that?for some people its offensive and threatening when they hear basic truth and facts

That isnt criminal

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 minutes ago, Mihle said:

That isnt criminal

in sweden they wont even register the nationalaities of criminals because "it will lead to racism" since most hte rapists are muslims