Unhelpful replies

orangecat
On 8/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Jarsky said:

Just to add to my list of frustrations with phrasing questions...

- I really dislike ambiguous thread titles. "Please help with this!" is very unhelpful, rather it should be "Windows 10 is giving me error 0xc00000e after Update". Especially for others who have a similar issue to be able to scan through titles when searching for help themselves.

- When posting for help, users should have done *some* research if possible and at least briefly state what their experience is/what theyve tried.

If unsure what they should be searching for, then they should also state this so we can try and educate them to help themselves. 

- Make sure you read any stickies and give detailed information. e.g If you're posting in a hardware build advice forum, make sure it has a budget and a use case. If you're posting in a Windows forum, make sure you give the version, logs/screenshots, etc...

Also in regards to unhelpful replies...It's very annoying when people who do not have a clue what theyre talking about, give advice. Fair enough if time has passed, but do not post with a completely made up opinion 5 minutes after the OP. We get this a lot in Server, Network, Storage and OS forums. 

Yeah. This is a little bit of an issue although I don't see it too often.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),