Mobo doesnt fit in I/O shield

Hi, so i been trying to fit my asus b350m-a mobo in the I/O shield, like the ports dont want to go in, i dont know what to do, i tried for an hour and its just driving me crazy, can i use it  without the shield? 

Are you sure there are not some pins inside the I/O plate ports that block the ports from going in?

Otherwise you could use your PC without on, but you will likely get more dust in your PC.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The shield is required in some countries to pass compliance checks. Basically it "prevents" electro magnetic radiation from getting out of the case but hey, most cases now have big ass glass side panels that don't block all wavelengths of emr anyway so screw it haha.

Only real benefit is aesthetics, less dust, better airflow and in some cases allows discharge through the case if there's a short. In saying that if you have a short you have more issues than where it's gonna discharge.

You CAN leave it off but I think it's worth the battle, probably having issues with the prongs getting stuck in the USB ports? if you've got any spudgers you can use them to push things out of the way as you orient the board. Bear in mind the prongs are designed to press into the metal parts of the mobo and will cause some resistance. So basically just try and press against it to get the screws in but be wary of things in the ports

I already bend these little things on the i/o in every possible way and it didnt fit i think im going to give up doing it and use it without it

IMG_0214.JPG