Best Monitor Panel Type?

I'd like to know what is the best panel type for what your uses are and/or your experience with others compared to the "best".

Some to list off include:
IPS
TN
VA(other's with "VA")
PLS
CRT(I understand it's not LCD)(I have seen few who compliment the superiority of CRT)

If there are more, you may list more that I don't know of.

IPS: Higher latency. best color angles and accuracy but expensive (getting mainstream)

TN: Lower latency, ok color angles and good accuracy but cheaper and most common (is mainstream)

VA: Motion Blur (not as fast), good color angles and accuracy (especially blacks) but cheaper and mainstream (suited for general purpose work)

PLS: Like IPS but developed by a different company, best color angles and accuracy but expensive

CRT: lowest (rivals TN) latency and lag, ok color, but big/heavy and produce flicker and noise

https://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1890-panel-comparison-tn-ips-pls-va-crt

IPS = Good colour and viewing angles.

TN = Good response time (great for gaming)

VA = Like IPS but slightly different

PLS = Again like IPS but slightly different (generally seen as a slightly better IPS but it depends)

CRT = No... just no.

16 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

IPS = Good colour and viewing angles.

TN = Good response time (great for gaming)

VA = Like IPS but slightly different

PLS = Again like IPS but slightly different (generally seen as a slightly better IPS but it depends)

CRT = No... just no.

I've seen quite a few who have complimented CRT as the superior display believe it or not xD

2 minutes ago, MoreRorgy said:

I've seen quite a few who have complimented CRT as the superior display believe it or not xD

Those are the same people who believe in snake oil. Sure the latency is low but so is the resolution.

Just now, Kilobytez95 said:

Those are the same people who believe in snake oil. Sure the latency is low but so is the resolution.

Fair Enough ^_^

Just now, MoreRorgy said:

Fair Enough ^_^

I got a PG258Q and at 240Hz it's CRT like latency from what I can tell. CRTs have zero benefit in 2017.

2 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I got a PG258Q and at 240Hz it's CRT like latency from what I can tell. CRTs have zero benefit in 2017.

I've heard about the backlight bleed on that monitor though >.<
Is it a problem?

I've heard about the backlight bleed on that monitor though >.<
Is it a problem?

Mine is perfectly fine. there's no spots or anything. I think it just comes down to how much it gets banged around during shipping.

1 minute ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Mine is perfectly fine. there's no spots or anything. I think it just comes down to how much it gets banged around during shipping.

I see...Now as you might say CRT's limited resolution is a problem, I've seen CRT's that go up to high resolutions close to 2560x1440.
I did some minor digging and found this post: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/so-crt-really-looks-better-than-lcd-27456077/

I see...Now as you might say CRT's limited resolution is a problem, I've seen CRT's that go up to high resolutions close to 2560x1440.
I did some minor digging and found this post: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/so-crt-really-looks-better-than-lcd-27456077/

While it's true some CRTs can handle high resolutions they are not always created equal. it mostly comes down to the phosphor coating on the display. For example I had an old CRT that could handle an input up to 1280x1024 but the glass could only sharply display 1024x768. No CRT will ever look as sharp as an LCD though.

6 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

While it's true some CRTs can handle high resolutions they are not always created equal. it mostly comes down to the phosphor coating on the display. For example I had an old CRT that could handle an input up to 1280x1024 but the glass could only sharply display 1024x768. No CRT will ever look as sharp as an LCD though.

I suppose you're right though looks like CRT's still stand tall in the color department

I suppose you're right though looks like CRT's still stand tall in the color department

it all depends. Most CRTs by now have fading colours because of their age. A good IPS monitor can achieve better colour and possibly contrast too depending on the specific model. Some people still swear by CRT displays but I'm not sold on them. Sure they are pretty nostalgic for those who grew u with them and maybe the input latency is really low since they are analog displays but a good LCD is always a better option.

1 minute ago, Kilobytez95 said:

it all depends. Most CRTs by now have fading colours because of their age. A good IPS monitor can achieve better colour and possibly contrast too depending on the specific model. Some people still swear by CRT displays but I'm not sold on them. Sure they are pretty nostalgic for those who grew u with them and maybe the input latency is really low since they are analog displays but a good LCD is always a better option.

For the long haul LCDs certainly are but some Graphic Designers still use CRTs and buy new ones as it ages more. 

5 minutes ago, MoreRorgy said:

For the long haul LCDs certainly are but some Graphic Designers still use CRTs and buy new ones as it ages more. 

No graphic designer still uses a CRT. That I can guarantee you.