DC vs Marvel

MoreRorgy

Whether it'd be films, characters, comics,Hell even plushies...

Dark Horse

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Marvel. though I'm basing this purely on the movies as i'm not a comics person

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

If we're just talking movies, Marvel. They try too hard to be light and funny, while DC tries too hard to be dark, brooding and serious, so ideally I'd like to see both the styles sort of combine. But the MCU and characters in general always appealed to me more.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

13 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

Dark Horse

Excuse me O.o

Just now, MoreRorgy said:

Excuse me O.o

dark horse comics.  better than both

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

dark horse comics.  better than both

Ah, but they're not superhero comics I believe.

Marvel for both the comic books and the movies and TV shows (MCU).

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

What if I say both? Marvel sometimes make some bad comics, but they also make some really good ones and so does DC. Often it kinda lines up with when one is doing a meh or bad story then the other one has a fairly good one. Ofc there are times where they both have crap or really good comics. 

For movies I am prob a tiny tiny bit more DC,  mainly because the Marvel ones just seem too stupid and cut down.

All-in-all I am pretty 50/50

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Marvel for both the comic books

Do you mean the older or new comics? The new comics are abysmal and totally infested with SJW ideology. I used to read from time to time but I stopped now

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Do you mean the older or new comics? The new comics are abysmal and totally infested with SJW ideology. I used to read from time to time but I stopped now

The old one of course. I kinda like the newer DC comics to be honest. But for movies and TV shows, I'd pick MCU even though the Wonderwoman movie starring Gal Gadot is awesome.

I don't think Zack Snyder or even the DC shows in CW like Arrow can pull off these kinds of fight scenes.

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I don't think Zack Snyder or even the DC shows in CW like Arrow can pull off these kinds of fight scenes.

To be fair, only Daredevil pulled off such great fight scenes. Iron Fist was quite a letdown. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage aren't heavily invested in hand to hand combat like Matt and Danny are. Honestly not even the MCU nor the DCEU can match up to Daredevil's greatest fight scenes on Netflix and that says a lot.

I agree that the new DC comics are great. After DC's New 52 letdown, Rebirth has been the best thing that I've seen so far.

Get ready and get hyped because the Titans(Teen Titans) are coming to live action in 2018.

Oh Defenders is dropping tomorrow so get hyped for that too.

1 minute ago, MoreRorgy said:

Oh Defenders is dropping tomorrow so get hyped for that too.

My problem with trailers is that all of them look good but that doesn't always translate well in the full movie or episodes. It better be good tomorrow since I have high hopes for Defenders.

2 minutes ago, MoreRorgy said:

To be fair, only Daredevil pulled off such great fight scenes. Iron Fist was quite a letdown. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage aren't heavily invested in hand to hand combat like Matt and Danny are. Honestly not even the MCU nor the DCEU can match up to Daredevil's greatest fight scenes on Netflix and that says a lot.

Iron Fist was kinda meh. BvS and MoS are also meh. CA:CW was just okay imo and I think CA:TWS is better especially that elevator fight scene. Wonder Woman is awesome though but yeah, I don't think there's any movie or TV show who can compete with the Daredevil fight scenes (not Daredevil from 2003, that sucks).

24 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

My problem with trailers is that all of them look good but that doesn't always translate well in the full movie or episodes. It better be good tomorrow since I have high hopes for Defenders.

Iron Fist was kinda meh. BvS and MoS are also meh. CA:CW was just okay imo and I think CA:TWS is better especially that elevator fight scene. Wonder Woman is awesome though but yeah, I don't think there's any movie or TV show who can compete with the Daredevil fight scenes (not Daredevil from 2003, that sucks).

Fair enough as I was disappointed when I saw Iron Fist. I believe CA:CW pulled off the Apartment Fight Scene pretty well. Justice League looks promising except maybe some CGI scenes that looked awkward. Like I said though, Daredevil just hit the spot. The realistic and struggling fight scenes with amazing camera angles and cuts just hit that spot for me. Perhaps Daredevil set that bar pretty high. Defenders gives a chance to make some changes and adjust Danny for S2 of Iron Fist which I'm excited for since they understood how terrible S1 did thus I'm hoping for some badass Iron Fist. I'm curious as to what you think of The Punisher?

1 minute ago, MoreRorgy said:

I'm curious as to what you think of The Punisher?

He's probably just going to shoot people with guns(yay 2nd Amendment xD) and reveal the full history on why he became the "Punisher" even though that part was touched a bit in the Daredevil series with Matt and Karen. I'm curious how will they integrate the events of CA:CW like the accords with the rest of MCU like the Defenders, the next season of Agents of SHIELD, and the upcoming Inhumans which I think is a dark horse.

8 minutes ago, MoreRorgy said:

Fair enough as I was disappointed when I saw Iron Fist. I believe CA:CV pulled off the Apartment Fight Scene pretty well.

I prefer these imo:

10 minutes ago, MoreRorgy said:

Justice League looks promising except maybe some CGI scenes that looked awkward.

Again, another dark horse but that is just me disappointed with BvS and MoS even though I liked Wonder Woman a lot.

8 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

He's probably just going to shoot people with guns(yay 2nd Amendment xD) and reveal the full history on why he became the "Punisher" even though that part was touched a bit in the Daredevil series with Matt and Karen. I'm curious how will they integrate the events of CA:CW like the accords with the rest of MCU like the Defenders, the next season of Agents of SHIELD, and the upcoming Inhumans which I think is a dark horse.

I prefer these imo:

Again, another dark horse but that is just me disappointed with BvS and MoS even though I liked Wonder Woman a lot.

I believe they're attempting to separate the Defenders from the MCU but at the same time letting it be known that they're still in the same universe in a sense. The street heroes will stay the street heroes and the big boys will stay the big boys. Inhumans had college level production quality, I regret every minute of the trailer that I watched. The quality was almost as low as that Nightwing fan made show which says quite a lot. Gifted on Fox has high hopes from me since Legion was quite amazing. If you saw the finale of AOS, they're in space so I don't think they want to touch on that topic any further as I believe fans were disappointed they couldn't even manage to bring on at least one Avenger on the show. Touching on that connection encourages fans too much. The Darseid Invasion when the JL movie takes place, is difficult to not be "overdone" and I am skeptical about whether or not they'll pull it off well.

5 minutes ago, MoreRorgy said:

Inhumans had called college level production quality

If episode one sucked, I'm not watching the rest.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Vertigo.  Lucifer Morningstar crushes most of them.

I'd have to disagree. Vertigo is an imprint under DC. Lucifer Morningstar is a DC character.

Batman

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I'm still not in agreement. You can tell that to John Constantine with him being Hellblazer. Perhaps that might've been the case at it's start but the wall between DC and Vertigo has long fallen. Even if  it hasn't completely fallen, characters from Vertigo have appeared in DC as apart of the DCU timeline including Lucifer(not similar to the Marvel vs DC comics or anything similar to that as those are non-canon). If we still can not agree then we'll have to just settle that we just simply disagree and there's nothing we can do about it. 

2 hours ago, Mihle said:

Batman

Batman's Plot Armor will always prevail thus they'll find him a way to beat everyone xD

7 hours ago, Mihle said:

Batman

No. Batman is weak-ass pussyfooting hypocrite. Well, at least that what DC shills and comic books describe him. 

4 hours ago, MoreRorgy said:

-snip-

I'm excited 

17 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

No. Batman is weak-ass pussyfooting hypocrite. Well, at least that what DC shills and comic books describe him. 

I'm excited 

Less than 5 hours left....for a Rotten Tomato to come out ;)

It's probably just me but I find it funny when Madam Gao is fighting