USB 5.25 internal headers

WhiteWulfe

ASRock X370 Gaming K4 AM4 ATX w/ RGB, Intel LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe (Pro OC Certified)

Kingwin USB 3.0 Internal Hub with Card Reader & USB 3.1 Port

First one is the MOBO im wanting and the 2nd, is the usb 5.25 internal drive im wanting as well. Slight issue is the fact that I have heard that a few different mishaps can occur when using 5.25 usb headers. 

1. Can short what is connected to it if not connected correctly or MOBO does not support amount of usb slots

2. Not all usb slots will even work if once again the MOBO does not support it

3. Bandwidth will not properly spread out across all of the usb ports(There are 4 btw and they're usb 3.0)

Wanting to know what I need to connect this thing to and what connectors to use, if my MOBO that I listed supports it at all. 

Hi and welcome to the forum. 

That hub you listed is compatible. It does not have the new type-c header so it uses the old 3.0 header, (not a big deal though, you still get 5 Gbps).

About the usb headers and pci lanes:

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

1. Can short what is connected to it if not connected correctly or MOBO does not support amount of usb slots

if you exceed the amount of ports supported, some devices might stop working.

Also, you can short your mobo if there is a bent pin in the connector for example.

2. Not all usb slots will even work if once again the MOBO does not support it

same as # 1. each usb 3.0/2.0 header supports 2x ports at full speed. if you exceed the number of devices per port, some ports might slow down or stop working altogether.

3. Bandwidth will not properly spread out across all of the usb ports(There are 4 btw and they're usb 3.0)

Yes and no, unless you are running an SSD on each port, you wont saturate all the bandwith.

On a side note, I have never saturated all the usb ports/pci lanes in a system.  An average user uses like 4-5 usb devices at most at any given time (not counting mouse and keyboard). So I think you should be fine. 

I am using the NZXT Aperture M, and the first thing I did was to connect a bunch of things like a 3.0 hard drive, flash drive, sd card, memory stick. All worked just fine at full speed.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire