CRASHED MY AUNTY'S CAR

Gyawdyr

hello everyone

i need help from the oh so smart community here on linus forums.

so i just crashed into someone else's car on a merge, called insurance, determined it was my fault.

it was my aunty's car that i was driving.

insurance said that since i was a one time driver of the car and dont drive it regularly, that it is likely that my aunty's insurance rates will not increase.

can anyone chime in on whether they think the insurance rates will be affected?

i know..."just ask my insurance and find out"...but i did and they don't know yet...so just looking for your knowledge on the topic...

:'(

it depends on who the insurance company is, and depends on how good the policy is.

we have no idea.

wait for your insurance to figure it out

stop getting in wrecks and you wont have to worry about it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

hello everyone

i need help from the oh so smart community here on linus forums.

so i just crashed into someone else's car on a merge, called insurance, determined it was my fault.

it was my aunty's car that i was driving.

insurance said that since i was a one time driver of the car and dont drive it regularly, that it is likely that my aunty's insurance rates will not increase.

can anyone chime in on whether they think the insurance rates will be affected?

i know..."just ask my insurance and find out"...but i did and they don't know yet...so just looking for your knowledge on the topic...

:'(

There is no set policy to answer your question - each insurance company has their own policies and different criteria.

Many policies now come with a clause that says your rate is guaranteed not to go up if you were not at fault.

At-fault accidents, however, will generally not have that kind of guarantee. Now and then, I'm sure they'll make an exception, but I imagine that in most cases, the insurance rate will rise.

Assuming your Aunt has a good driving record and has been insured for a long time, the increase will likely be fairly small.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)